Health Fairs on OBPI awareness

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Marcie

Health Fairs on OBPI awareness

Post by Marcie »

I've done some research and have not found any BPI groups or awareness about OBPI in Idaho. I am considering particpating in a local health fair about OBPI awareness. Has anyone done a health fair before about this? Marcie
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Health Fairs on OBPI awareness

Post by hope16_05 »

My high school holds a health fair every year and I had participated from 7th grade until I graduated senior year. Its a great tool for awareness.
I say go for it!!!
Amy 22 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

What information have you provided?
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I had to do a simple teaching project for nursing school. I chose to do it on OBPI.
I can send it to you, if you want to see the info I used.

Marieke 33, LOBPI
RN
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I got the presentation. Thanks!
bellasnana

Post by bellasnana »

I'm happy to announce I participated in local school health fair. I had a display board of various BP facts and pictures, displayed Bella's high-five brace, and handed out 50+ BP awareness brochures!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Bellasnana,
WAY TO GO! thats a lot of brochures! You rock...Keep up the awesome work
Hugs,
Amy 22 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN