Children's ages on posts

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Children's ages on posts

Post by admin »

Hi, It`s a great idea putting the ages. So here is DeeDee 13yrs globle Palsy From Birth. One surgey(Mod Quad) Nov 2004
Kim and DeeDee
kamren

Post by kamren »

I hadn't even thought about doing it before...but I can see how it might help.....so here it goes

Kimberly LOBPI 37 yrs
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Wonderful idea just as a reminder of who we are talking about as I get confused sometimes.

Amber, age 2 1/2, ROBPI
Casey, age 10 years, no injury
Tanya and Sean, parents and I respectfully decline to reveal my age (ha, ha)

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Tress

Post by Tress »

I agree too so here goes: Teressa 30 Mother of
Piper Rhianne 4 months old with LBPI Erb's Palsy
Khaila ShaeLynne 7yrs no BPI (ADHD)
and last but not least Dwight 30 (we all have one ladies)LOL
CW1992

Post by CW1992 »

Peggy, I just wanted to say that I hope little Emma is feeling better. It has taken me a while to realize how differently each injury affects the child - I had somewhat thought that all injuries were basically alike and I was so wrong.
Sounds like Emma is going thru kind of what we went thru when Brittney had the chicken pox at two - only of course worse! I'm glad that the dermo.. helped. I hope that Emma is back to her self soon!
Dryer sheets - BAD!:) Brittney broke out with a huge rash from dryer sheets when she was 18 months old and we haven't used any sense! You'd a thought (TX accent) she got stung by bees or something.... Anyway - I hope your family is back to itself soon!:)
Christy
claudia

Post by claudia »

Let's see....

Nicolette, 12+ (oy vey)
Isabel, 10+ (oy vey again)
Andrew, 10+ (a sweetie!!! but we haven't hit 15, epileptic)
Juliana, 5 1/2 (Kath..she still counts every day!) LOBPI

claudia
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Christy,
Thanks so much!
Emma is doing much better; the rash is still somewhat there, but it looks so much better and not irritated. It's basically just in the hot spots now and a little left on her arms and legs. I have to bring her back to see the doc next week.
There are so many fascets to this injury... The injury itself, the impact on the entire family, and with Emma we have the sensory integration issues...there's just so much.
We are quite the "environmentally correct" household!
Thanks, again!
Peggy
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Ages hmmmm I hate typing my age every day because I think you are as young as you feel... now that I have noticed some YOUNG parents decline... I think I will sign Kath (adult/obpi) that should say enough... LOL...

Claudia every day counts! LOL
Christy & Peggy - no dryer sheets for me or I get hives... I had shingles this past year and discovered that due to sensory loss... it did not progress in the normal fashion. I had it on my neck and it did not wrap around not go all the way up my face and hair... that was thanks to getting on ROBPI side and my sensory losses... it would have been much more painful if it were on the left side and spread the proper way... I was so happy for the losses because it prevent a bigger mess for me.

Peggy you know I have sensory intergration issues but you hope for Emma will be that she will adapt and learn naturally how to avoid the things that truly bother her... like over head lights or flashing lights... I hate the cicus except on TV... now I know the reason why... I have a super sensitive sense of smell so no perfume soaps for me... besides the skin problems with these things.

Kath (Adult/obpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Ages hmmmm I hate typing my age every day because I think you are as young as you feel... now that I have noticed some YOUNG parents decline... I think I will sign Kath (adult/obpi) that should say enough... LOL...

Claudia every day counts! LOL
Christy & Peggy - no dryer sheets for me or I get hives... I had shingles this past year and discovered that due to sensory loss... it did not progress in the normal fashion. I had it on my neck and it did not wrap around nor move up my face and hair... because it was on the ROBPI side... it would have been much more painful if it were on the left side and spread the proper way... but since I have so many places on my neck and face that do not have feeling... it was painful but not as bad as I expected or have heard others had with shingles. I was so happy for the losses because it prevent a bigger mess for me.

Peggy you know I have sensory intergration issues and I have hope that Emma will adapt and learn naturally how to avoid the things that truly bother her... like over head lights or flashing lights... I hated the cicus except on TV... now I know the reason why... I have a super sensitive sense of smell so no perfume soaps for me... to many skin and breathing problems with these things.

Kath (Adult/obpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

I know, Kath.
With Emma, however, more new S.I. issues keep popping up.
Lights, sounds, tastes, textures, vibrations...
You would think that a loud noise would be a problem (it use to be when she was small--she is now 9 years old) and loud is preferred for her and slight noises or low vibrations are not to her liking.
At least your BPI did some good in the case of the shingles!

Thanks for the input!
Peggy