Triangle tilt cast what to expect?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Triangle tilt cast what to expect?

Post by admin »

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the triangle tilt surgery cast is made of (soft or hard cast)? What you did for clothes? WHat about the car seat? Any other useful info you have would be great.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Triangle tilt cast what to expect?

Post by admin »

What is this surgery? I see a lot of posts about it now. What does it help? Where can I find info? Where can I see previous results or stats on the surgery itself being successful? Any unsuccessful or is it too new to tell? Or is it not new at all? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the help because I need to look into every surgery that is around for my child.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dr. Nath's site has a whole section about Triangle Tilt. There is an FAQ and a post surgery instruction sheet. They use a splint that is made in the O.R. and it's kept on like a cast for a certain amount of weeks until the bones heal.
http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com
james

Post by james »

I'm currently in a cast as described above (muscle & tendon transfer), its not to bad a little uncomfortable on my hip from the weight. It was made the day before surgery, it weighs just over a stone.

Just watch out for the fingers as I have hit mine on door frame and walls so many times now!

Best of luck, James
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Please keep us informed on how the surgery goes for your son.
James, you are an inspiration!
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Has anyone's child had this surgery, gained supination from the surgery and then lost it?
TNT1999

Post by TNT1999 »

Hi, Sali. I'm surprised to read that Dr. Nath is having the splint made before surgery. I thought that they didn't make the splints in advance b/c often children need the surgery b/c they don't have full range. If the splint positions them in full range, how do they fit it pre-surgery when they sometimes can't passively get into the correct position? Anyway, just curious. I do think it would be ideal to have it made pre-op, just don't see how they'll do it in many cases where there are PROM limitations. ~Tina
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tina, from the way I understand it, they make the splint the day before so that it can be put on in the OR and then adjust it in the OR or the day after. But at least the majority of it is done.