Topomax

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax

Post by admin »

Hi I had just posted a question asking the same thing. I have been on topamax for a little over a month and I have seen drastic hair loss. The drug really has helped my migraines but,I don't want to go bald. What Did your doctor advise?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am off it completely and just like I was afraid of I am back to having migraines. They came back with a vengeance. The worst part, I'm still losing weight. Now I wonder if the pills were the cause or if it just takes a while for them to get through your system. I hope I'm not suffering for nothing. I am back to square one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I, too, just started this medication yesterday for migraines. I take, for the first two weeks 2 25mg before I go to bed then 2nd two weeks I take 4 25mg before I go to bed then back to Doc for an evaluation. After reading everyone's reaction, it makes me a little nervous just being on it. Curious to see what it does to me. I'll let you know.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hello,
i am 22 years old and have been taking topomax for migraines for about 6 months. the numbness and nausea i experiences the first month does go away. i lost about 10 pounds in two months, but the weightloss stopped after that. however, my migraines are, for the first time in years, far and few between. i do experience some fatigue, but it is worth it to not have migraines, which make me feel a lot worse than tired! i do recommend having regular bloodwork done to check her liver since she is so young. i hope everything works out for her!! make sure she exercises regularly and gets enough sleep to keep her circulation good and allow everything to flow digest through her body the way that it should. best of luck! jill
angelicamb

Topomax Users Forum

Post by angelicamb »

Just a reminder, and for those of you who don't already know:

Some of us have gotten together and started a forum for Topomax users. Please join us!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopomaxUsers/join
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax - additional side effects

Post by admin »

I have been on topomax for about four months for depression. My results have been mixed. I seem to be more emotionally even keeled, but I still am moderately depressed and still have mild generalized anxiety. I have had increased energy and have lost a few pounds, though my diet is very poor so you might do better. The good thing about it is that there appears to be no sexual side effects. To me this is a big factor since I have prostate problems and most antidepressants exacerbate this alot. I tried it at 75 for a few weeks but some of my muscles started to twitch and I didn't think this was good. When I first got on it I did have flu like symptoms and my skin was really dry, especially the inside of my nose. The flulike symptoms went away after about a week the dry skin symptoms took a month or so, but the wait loss ended at that time as well. I here topomax can cause depression as well, but that may be a dose dependent thing. It maybe good at smaller doses for mood disorders. I am mixed as to what I am going to do. Good luck and God Bless.
Paul

Re: Topomax - additional side effects

Post by Paul »

Hi Chris Do you have a
Traumatic Brachial Plexus Injurie??????????????

Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm new to the med Topomax, the only things I have noticed so far are: tired all the time, can no longer drink soda, and slower concentration. My main purposes to go on the med was to: help my migraines and to lose weight. If I can achieve those two, I will have felt that I have acomplished something. This is my second week on the meds and I am up to 75 mgs, next week I will be up to 100. Thanks for sharing.
amanda

Post by amanda »

I accessed this site through a yahoo search page. I had typed topomax in as the search engine... Therefore, Paul, I think your extremely rude comments are unwarrented. Most people used this sight as a means of discovering more about the drug itself, not in correlation to the reason they were taking the drug. I feel this is right, since the this branch is labeled "Topomax". PLease get over yourself. ...... Is anyone using this drug along with paxil, depakote, and risperidol? My doctor put me on this drug after I experienced severe weight gain on the other medications, in hopes that it would stabilize both my mood and my weight. After reading this board, however, I am questioning her reasoning.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Amanda!!!! I was wondering if I was the only one who thought Paul was being rude.