admin
Site Admin

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by admin »

GREAT, PAUL.......... BOB
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

Paul I heard and thats great news congrats. About the flexion on my bicep, I just flex it like I flex my left arm with no problem but I can't lift my arm at all. I just found out that the type of therapist that we should be going to is a certified hand therapist because they most deal with our type of injury or similiar injuries, so if anyone is looking for the right type of therapists now you know what catagory they are under. good luck to all. and I'll keep you updated. and bob thanx for the e-mail.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes on the rt shoulder+brachial plexis iI had excellen surgeon,surgery they found wiring the shoulder be the best I was in my late 20's when it tore out from injury+overused (i exercised,lifted when in pain bad)
But in 94,I went in for lft shoulder for same,but we thought by mri,xrays,emg be easier.I signed open release,due to I wanted anything needed fix(spur,small tear done,if it was missed-that happens on any test not 100%)
And surprise during scope brachial plexis,shoulder area let go,fell out socket on table show more damage then way expected a 40 min surgery was 3hrs,,I woke in recovery be told,yrs of over use,lifting my depending on lft side lift more took its toll.
They used experimental cement(type instead of wire,repaired torn tendons and saw area actually never showed on mri,but emg did show issues)and it was just said corpal tunnel in the lft hand,,and not worry my age wasnt same as 1st time.So of course feeling,use return,,And this cement texture was working well fill areas,and hold it in socket w/pt (extreme)I be almost ok.
Not scare anyone all cases,injuries different,and over use,and daily job,and built really showed me difference re-coop was harder this time.I started Pt ,mosit heat/ice,lt wts,they bent,streach,but issue came I was dropping things,asap ordered emg,,mri.Emg showed way it sat in socket was entrapped nerves,by 1yr anniversary i felt no hot or cold,i had stiches 3x,w/o novicane,00 feeling.Pain increased summer I felt so swelled they did p/t iced it,spa was +,pool,
all was tried.shots into joint,,headaches(i thought they were)increased,.
They sent me to nieroligist did extreme test,I never stopped P/t I did cut back of course wts they wrap around my wrist ,but I couldnt do wall climbs(with the fingers i reach low level arm didnt go?)
I had to have spinal blocks put in areas reached out to "or spot to spine,my upper mid back was hurting,so bad.I thought hey its part of this.I'm older,active,but deep down I knew something wasnt ok.
I night i went to get out of bed rolled and shoulder fell out socket,popped,brachial plexis,,i felt like pop..
well "er"they set it,,xray,and in the am ,ortho ran mri,(they were skeptical to ,believe what they saw ,they told me it was freak thing ,scope incident,and things mri just didnt show,and having previous rt surgery go good.Never expected,the cement substance,had started seperate,spurs,and entaglement and lft elbow was going bad.still no feeling.
Bottom line even having corpral tunnel surgery I knew i needed both went fine.I thought left 00 result returned in 6mo(they said p/t,and whole issue..no real answer.I wanted feeling,a pinch ,feel a pin when poked up the arm shoulder area.there is a 6"area upper arm to neck that I feel but muscle spasm,and pain,,sometimes stop P/t
I still do regimine everyday for yrs,accomindated for me.But My fit,builtand strength more upsetting its gone,and shoulders look uneven like a bad posture.As of now they found stray nerves that binded,can be corrected but due to spurs,shoulder pops put,cement txture is in places it should be,and no feeling in upper arm down.wrist dropped in a brace.
But hope is dont give up a great sports team of ortho Ive been referred to in different areas.They do major sports injurys ill face parcial-full replacement at age 39 .I prefer and they do go in save,fix,clean out what they can restring repair,,anythng can be saved.But odds replacement both dr.'s teams expect replacement.yes im young or that but its alls last thing try,,
But im living with arm you see,lft.I cant use,tremmers,and upper shoulder,neck mid back pain.somedays I am weather redictor.But you adapt,have to..not give up..
And learn be cautious I feel as women ,mom I have home maintain,,areas if I need help familys been there but I want try to do all but lift anything heavy rt ,lft I drop,and mosit heat pad as ordered 2x day 2hrs time(late pm best)a/c must summer ,and keep on going,But if i hurt severe stop that I never knew how to do,but after 9 arm surgerys-shoulder,I learned .If you have snap or pain,please dont be a bull head get to the dr's a sports ortho..
and factory workers,any repetion sewing,lawn work,
be smart protect,over use ,take that mineral ice, hah it can take 1simple injury or years of damage,but most have great outcome,I go a 50/50. I side is good ,other brachal,shoulder,area needs surgery.
I hope all do great and best no matter what happen in my situation w/left shoulder I am very glad that more scope surgerys are being done.And more areas used for
ligaments and P/T etc.
Just dont ignore a injury any that last w/recurring pain,and nubness,tingling,it can effect you totally recoop.
Noone said P/t is easy,its just a way really learn help those areas,rebuild..
tc
Paul

Post by Paul »

ok Rob thanks for respose.........I do see a hand therapists for 2 years now....thanks Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

wow tc go dude so which arm is your good arm ? Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I WAS OPERATED ON 3 YEARS AGO. I HAD DECOMPRESSION AND LAMINECTOMY C3 THRU C7. SURGERY 8 HOURS. SURGERY WAS A SUCCESS HOWEVER I CAME OUT OF SURGERY WITH TBPI OF THE RIGHT SHOULDER. HAS ANY OTHER SUFFERER HAD A SIMILIAR EXPERIENCE. HAS ANY OTHER SUFFERER SUED FOR MALPRACTICE AND WHAT WAS THE RESULT? I NEED HELP.

SPLOTKI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I had cardiac surgery and came out with double tbpi-- worse on the left than the right.

I consulted a lawyer who at first thought I could sue but his research discovered that the tbpi is mentioned as a possible complication to the surgery. So I had no case and no left arm.
But that was in 2000.-- I have regained almost full use of both arms-- on the left still firings and poor finger use but it is getting better
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DEAR RITA,
THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE GLAD THAT YOU ARE MAKING A SUCCESSFUL RECOVERY. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOUR RECOVERY? DID YOUR SURGEON EVER MENTION THE POSIBILITY OF TBPI DUE TO SURGERY?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The surgeon never mentioned it as it was an emergency procedure-- I'm not sure its my signature on the consent form as I was drugged from a preliminary procedure when they decided I needed heart bypass.

I woke up three days post surgery to the problem-- the surgeon scuffed it off and ignored it -- the neurologist in the hospital was more concerned by the subdural hematoma that I got also....Post surgery visits were not addressed-- surgeon left the room when I questioned the complications.

Needless to say I was quite upset. It is now a little over three years-- did a lot of PT and OT in the beginning-- from hospital - went to a rehab center for 4 weeks then rehab as out patient.

I exercise my poor arm and hand daily-- Neurologist says may take another two years for the hand to fully recover if ever...Did they tell you the nerve regenerates at the rate of 1" a month in the perfect situation....

Hope your regeneration will be optimal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Paul how are you doing? Bob