Tattoo question

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Kimberly

Tattoo question

Post by Kimberly »

I have been wanting to get a tattoo in honor of my daughter Brittany that has a ROBPI. I have thought about a blue ribbon, but our awareness ribbon is silver. Has anyone done anything? Does anyone have any ideas? Just something small, not too big.
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Re: Tattoo question

Post by Tuckersmommy »

I have a blue ribbon with a bird of paradise thru it.the ribbon for my sons erbs and the flower fir my daughter.I did lots of research & the blue ribbon is also fir brachial plexus energy
Life is a dance~We will all learn it as we go
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

Post by AlannahD »

I have the silver and blue awareness ribbon with bell in the center, on my ankle - in honor of my granddaughter!!
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Post by Tuckersmommy »

That sounds Beautiful* It effects us all so different and a tat was just something I wanted to do.Just in the couple months I have had it I have been asked several times what it means and I get to tell " the story" time & time again~So it's defiantly a way to spread awareness & share knowledge. Good Luck in your decision :P
Tuckersmommy

Post by Tuckersmommy »

I forgot to say this earlier but I was sooooo very close to getting Nemo as my tatoo ;)
It symbolizes a lot of meaning to me & my son.And the clown fish is just so cute :D