admin
Site Admin

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by admin »

JUST FOR YOUR NEXT POLL MY NAME IS BRIAN IAM 30 FROM CHICAGO I AM THE 1 GUNSHOT
CyndiOden

Post by CyndiOden »

Hello to all...I am Cyndi from Texas.. with TBPI due to auto accident. I am so thankful to find out about this website TODAY!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi ya'll from sunny and cool (at least for now) Atlanta, Georgia - USA. I have a left BPI due to a car accident on July 27, 2002.

My wife and I are slowly coming up to speed on this injury and have been relying heavily on this web site for our research.

God Bless!

Brian
<
Nancy (Eric's Mom)

Post by Nancy (Eric's Mom) »

Hi Brian,

Best thing ever that you found this site. Way more info than you get from anywhere else.

Been there, done that...pretty much.

My son is the one with the BPI. He's now 22......2 years into it.....questions, surgery, pain, now on our way to recovery.

I'll start a new thread and catch everything up.

Nancy
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Hi everyone, and welcome to the newbies. Brian, I assumed the gunshot was a guy but I know how dangerous assumptions can be so I didn't list you as one. When I crunch the numbers again I'll include you as a guy. There are a lot of people listed on this thread now-remember you can mail anyone by clicking on their name and in my experience people here don't mind answering questions or just talking. I'm not around as often as I'd like, the uk support group tends to eat up time and I don't know whether to be thrilled that all of you found these websites or horrified at the constant stream of newly injured people. I've found some of my dearest friends and an incomparable source of information/comfort from this website and the tbpi uk site at http://pub28.ezboard.com/badultswithbra ... usinjuries Between us all we can usually answer most things!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just found the website last week. My boyfriend (25yrs old)sustained TBPI to his right arm on Aug 13 from a motorcycle accident. They are looking into surgery now. I have been here almost everyday looking at the information posted. You guys are great.
Tanya - South Carolina
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm Stuart from Dallas, Tx - LBPI from a car wreck in Dec. 2000.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Christy. My boyfriend sustained RTBPI on 8/13/02 from a motorcycle accident. He is also in severe pain and seems to be having a hard time dealing with this. I live with him so now it is starting to affect me. I am trying to stay positive but after 3 months it's hard. How do you do it? Also what kind of work does your husband do? Tim thinks he will never be able to have a job again or do anything he enjoys. I hope you don't mind sharing with me. Thanks.
Tanya
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Christy. My boyfriend sustained RTBPI on 8/13/02 from a motorcycle accident. He is also in severe pain and seems to be having a hard time dealing with this. I live with him so now it is starting to affect me. I am trying to stay positive but after 3 months it's hard. How do you do it? Also what kind of work does your husband do? Tim thinks he will never be able to have a job again or do anything he enjoys. I hope you don't mind sharing with me. Thanks.
Tanya
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Hi Tanya

I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend and what the two of you are going through together. It is great that he has your support, although it must be very hard on you to see someone you care about go through all the traumas that are associated with this injury.

We have a support group here in the U.K. and a website that is visited by people from all over the globe. We have concentrated our efforts on uploading to the site contributions that have been written by the people who actually have this injury.

The web address is http://www.tbpi-group.org

If you go to the 'Communities' section there you will find stories from people with a BPI, also plenty of pictures of people with a TBPI involved in activites that would be difficult with two undamaged arms, let alone one! The Resources section also contains a wealth of information about getting on with life with a TBPI, with more to follow shortly.

We also have a message board attached to the site which is used by many people who have been through what you and your boyfriend are experiencing now, and who are very happy to answer any of your questions about TBPI and how to cope with it.

If I can help in any way at all, please don't hesitate to email me. My email is liz@tbpi-group.org

Best wishes

Liz B X