Where is everyone?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Kath »

I'm still around just quiet for a change.
Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Gramma Carolyn J is just re-cooping from a wild trip to se Bette Midler in Las Vasgas. I'm finally about to type here. Too bad those slot levers are on my "unaffected side"--, it would have been good therapy for my LOBPI arm...LOL. No winnings...I left all my money and voice(I had a bad cold there) in Las Vegas!! :(

Hugs,
Gramma Carolyn J
LOBPI/70 :)

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

BUMPING UP! I missing everybody!
Hugs al around,
Carolyn J
LOBPI adult
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
TinaT

Post by TinaT »

I'm here but these people lured me into facepage and now I can't keep up :)

We're still here. I'm trying to get ready for Christmas road trips to Kalamazoo to see the family. A major party for friends 2 days later and then days later an 18 hr. trip with a golden ret. 2 cats and as much of my life as I can shove in the van !!

Oh and did I mention I tore my rotator cuff to top it all off........ TinaT
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Facebook = Crackbook.. yes very addictive! :P
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Yes, this is addicting! Facebook takes time because al you wonderful friend hooked me on Scrabble & Pathword! :0)

HUGS all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Michelle_16

Post by Michelle_16 »

Where am I?

huddled in a corner surrounded in sheets of psychology related papers studyin for finals! and il be here all christmas holidays! :(

the only good thing about it is that the weather is COLD and extremely rainy here so i wouldnt want to be goin out anyways!

Hope you are well and all prepared for christmas time!

Michelle
ROBPI, Scotland
TinaT

Post by TinaT »

Michelle,

GOOD LUCK on your finals, but try to come up for air and have a bit of fun during the Holidays.....

Even Santa takes a break.

Tina
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Yes, Yes, Michele Good Wishes for your finals a Joyful Christmas too. Stay warm as possible.

Huggs,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/70
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
clearyaj

Post by clearyaj »

well, it has snowed 17 of 20 days here in the cities this month. good times! no, my arm doesnt hurt, no, not at all! :)