ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Harry2385

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Harry2385 »

Motorcycle accident. Right tbpi Northeast Pennsylvania. Learning to deal i guess. Harsh reality all at once.

Harry O

Message was edited by: Harry2385

Message was edited by: Harry2385
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

bumping up for newbies....
s8n

Post by s8n »

daniel scheper missouri,USA. flipped my harley davidson 2001 roadking. body hit guide wire to pole. destroyed half of my body lol. been on here a while just never saw this thread. ltbpi, had surgeries and nothing. plastic that was around wire cut through my neck and i'm assuming severed my bp very painful happend aug. of 07'
wish you all the best as possible,
daniel
rbwalton

Post by rbwalton »

Hi- I am Richard from California. I have had two bouts of BPN- 2000, and 2006. One took out a thumb and two fingers of right hand. The next took out my right scapula. Hand is better except for return of strength. Shoulder feels more normal, but still wings. They think it is caused by a virus at this point. Could be due to syrinx, but test is not back for that yet. It also could be hereditary.

Syrinx as a cause for my BPN has been ruled out.

Message was edited by: rbwalton
Good Luck!!!
Richard
s8n

Post by s8n »

oh and feel free to add me to msn messenger and email me i'm always on and could use someone to talk to
daniel
josephreuter

Post by josephreuter »

Joe in LA here. I moved too far forward on a big wave at Zuma and went vertical into the sea floor with a death grip on my boogie board. Four days after the accident my Upper Trunk BP decided to quit - post accident swelling perhaps? Just had EMG and conduction study and go in for a Myo-CT with spinal dye next week to see where things went wrong.
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Bumping up for newbies. If you want to be added in the next number crunch of causes and nationalities please say where you are and how you got injured. Motorcycle accidents are still top as causes but there are lots of others. Scroll back a couple of pages to see the last number crunch.
Welcome newbies, sorry you're here, glad you found support.
JenNZ
chimley
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am the wife of Rick, LTBPI. On 6/30/2008, our lives were forever changed. Rick was in a severe auto accident and sustained multiple injuries: broken jaw and facial bones, mild traumatic brain injury, L1 fracture, 4th cranial nerve palsy and LTBPI. With regard to the LTBPI, Rick has had an ulner nerve transfer (January 2009). We are now considering next steps in his treatment, perhaps some muscle transfers. Pain continues to be the worst thing about his injury. We are told that the pain goes away within five years or people have learned to deal with it. Meanwhile, we pray....and wait.

Post by chimley »

Hello. My husband, Rick, 42, suffered left TBPI in an auto accident on 6/30/08, from which EMTs and rescue personnel are amazed he lived.

Thanks for all who share their stories and experiences, it has helped us to educate ourselves and to not feel so alone. We live in a rural Michigan community (Vassar), where little is known by our docs about BPI and chronic pain management. This website has helped to empower me to be an advocate for Rick.

Kim
peterabb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA 3/15/08 (TBPI)
Avulsed C-5, 6, 7, 8 T-1
Mayo Total BP Reconstruction 7/15/08
Pain issues

Post by peterabb »

Hello,
I'm Pete. I live in Connecticut. I was injured in a car accident on 3/15/08, which left my left arm paralyzed with all five nerves avulsed from the spinal cord. In July 2008, I had a BP reconstruction surgery at the Mayo clinic. To date I am waiting for return of some function.
Feel free to email me with any questions.
Pete
stmoffatt

Post by stmoffatt »

October 17, 2008 motorcycle versus Ford F150 making an illegal turn . . .