Neurontin and suicide?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
s8n

Re: Neurontin and suicide?

Post by s8n »

i take neurontin and the only way it makes you suicidal is if you stop taking it.it is the withdraws of not weening off of it that does it.when i went to medicade from my other insurance my first dr wouldn't even see me and i didn't get my meds for like a week.i was suicidal after like three days of no eating and or sleeping it really got to me but i soldiered through it and my new pain dr said that was unethical for that dr to do that.i am back on the meds but believe me i will never let that happen again. i wouldn't wish that on anyone.lol but yea it will make you suicidal.i hope this answers the ? i was there lol so don't ever stop taking it without weening off of it.
daniel

oh and pot helped me through this also just thought i'd throw that in there too lmmfao
Message was edited by: s8n
littleparkersmom

Post by littleparkersmom »

i have been on neurontin with various dosages for about two years for my dercums disease. i don't think that it helped much with the nerve pain.

The one fun side effect that i found was that it made me STUPID! lyrica did the same thing just not to the same degree. i couldn't remember anything. i would walk around in a daze trying to remember what i was trying to do.
Mary Beth

Post by Mary Beth »

I've been on Neurontin now for ten years fro Arnold Chairi one Malformation, it is a malformation at the brain stem and you get really bad headaches. the neurontin has saved my life. I went from non functional to functional. I would NEVER give it up, I take 3600mg a day. Just my opinion and experience with the drug. Works for me with no side effects.