New Baby is here

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Zadynsmom

New Baby is here

Post by Zadynsmom »

I just wanted to post an update and let you all know that I had my baby via c-section on Sunday. My water broke at 1:30 in the morning and our third son was born at 8:20 that morning. The on-call doctor discussed with us the possibility of a vaginal delivery since my due date was not until the 30 of June. However, after some intense and in depth discussions with the anesthesiologist, we opted for the c-section. I have never had good reactions to anesthesia and this was no exception. I didn't handle the spinal well. I had lots of vomiting, hot flashes, hallucinations, and I am still in the hospital. I have been able to hold the baby, Ryker is his name, and feed him. I should be able to go home within a few days. I feel blessed to know we made the right choice, as Ryker was sunny-side up, with the cord wrapped around his neck twice!! He was 7 pounds, 12 ounces, 20 inches long.
I don't regret the choice of having the c-section and was glad that I educated myself and felt confident in the skills of modern technology.

Alisa, mom of Zadyn, 2 1/2 LOBPI (and big sister!!!)
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: New Baby is here

Post by hope16_05 »

Alisa,
Congrats on baby Ryker!!! Glad he made it into the world unharmed and healthy. I hope that you are feeling better soon.
Hugs,
Amy 21 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
denaegirl

Post by denaegirl »

YAY!!!
so glad you were able to talk that doc into doing your c-section. Glad to hear baby is doing well, hope your surgery wounds feel better soon. Too bad you didn't tolerate the anesthesia very well, I vomited all over my nurse right after my Epidural was put in ewwww. Poor lady, it was all over her and in her hair, I felt so bad.
anyway, CONGRATS on the little one!

Denae
Mom to Malik 1 yr old LOBPI
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby! I'm glad that everything went well, despite your problems with anesthesia.

Joanie, 59, LOBPI
BIGJAVSMA

Post by BIGJAVSMA »

congratulations!!! and I love the name, RYKER.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

What wonderful news, glad all is going well and you were able to make the right choice for you both.

Enjoy your new precious baby Ryker.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Congratulations on Ryker's birth. I do hope your healing is speady and easy, as it sounds like it's been a bit tough thus far, but filled with the joy of your baby. I'm glad everyone is healthy. Best wishes.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 5 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Jake'smom

Post by Jake'smom »

Congrats. Glad the baby is ok, but sorry it was so rough on you!
brookepoague

Post by brookepoague »

Congrats!! That's wonderful. I really admire the courage that so many of you have had in having future pregnancies after the horrible experiences we've all had with BPI.
Mare

Post by Mare »

Congrats so glad your both doing well. Congrats to Daddy too they are so often left out. Mare