New Roll Call...

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Joanie

Re: New Roll Call...

Post by Joanie »

Pat,

I'd love to meet for lunch. I e-mailed you.

Joanie
Shlomo

Post by Shlomo »

Hi, I am Solomon - Father to Isreal 14 months old, LOBPI,Horner's, Monroe, NY
paddygirl

Post by paddygirl »

I am new to this board. My name is Eva, and I am adopting a little boy from China with LOBPI. We will name him Caleb. He's 33 months old.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Eva Welcome! When will Caleb come home to you?
We have many forms here and you are Welcome to post on all of them. In fact many of us post on all of the boards.
There is a General Board where parents exchange ideas on therapy etc.
I have a niece from China and she came home to us almost 10 years ago. :)

I am so glad you found us this will be a great resource for you and Caleb.
Let us know when he arrives.
Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

mel
LOBPI
no horners (idk what it is!)
F/RI, but going to school in MA
~Mel/23/LOBPI
paddygirl

Post by paddygirl »

Thanks, Kath.

We anticipate traveling at the end of November to bring him home. It's nice to hear you have a niece who is also from China. I can't wait to travel. I'm also glad I found this board. I'm sure it will be a great resource for us. I will keep you posted on our travels.

Eva
watsonn28

Post by watsonn28 »

HI ya'll! Nancy Ann in Texas. 39 years old. ROBPI with other complications at birth.
No Horner's. I'm a sped teacher and aquatic therpist (great for BPI). :)
melinda

Post by melinda »

Melinda mother of Amber 13 LOBPI, I found this site about 8yrs ago. At first I was consumed with the information then obsessed and finally overwhelmed so I stopped coming. I stopped by just because...Its always on my mind. Acworth, GA
Arc76
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, winging scapula, elbow contracture, limited ROM shoulder/arm/hand
3 surgeries to date Hand/wrist @ ages 12/13 and Mod Quad-shoulder @ age 29

Post by Arc76 »

Hi,

I'm Joe, 31 yr old Male, LOBPI, Live in Ewing, NJ I don't think i have Horner's Syn., I had The Mod Quad surgery performed by Dr. Nath in 2005 I have seen minimal improvement post-op.I have a wonderfully supportive wife and an amazing 13 mo old Daughter.
Andrea53

Post by Andrea53 »

Hi
I'm Andrea.I am married 34 yrs.Have 2 kids and 2 grandkids.Have ROBI,LOBI,worse in left.No Horners.Also have severe scoliosis,syrinx,chiari 1 and just had abulging disk removed at c4-c5.I'm now fused from c2-c5.c2-c3 fused on there own.