Outreach sightings yet?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
njbirk

Outreach sightings yet?

Post by njbirk »

Outreach left the printers/mailing house on Friday, so should begin arriving in mailboxes soon. Post and let us know when you get yours.

I think it is always so interesting to see when they arrive in different parts of our world.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
Karen McClune

Re: Outreach sightings yet?

Post by Karen McClune »

Thanks Nancy,

Will let you know when WA State starts to receive theirs.

Hugs, Karen
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I'm waiting by the Mailbox!!!...LOL...I could camp out in my sleeping bag too but our mail is soooo slow sometimes...:(

HUGS all around today!
Carolyn J
Wa state too
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
GAmom

Post by GAmom »

YEA! I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. But I feel it will be awhile before it gets to Georgia. I will let you know when I get it.

Ashley, mom to Brayden ROBPI 3yrs.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Woohoo,got mine! Can I get a few more copies you think? (and those in the know, know why I ask!)
Marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

It's seems to me that NY get's the last batch of Outreach so the next time I post many will have copies in hand.
Thanks Nancy for all the hard work.
Kath ( robpi/adult)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

Yeah, Marieke those that got an early look know why you want more copies. Very impressive indeed. How did yours cross the border so fast anyway? Usually everything that I've sent north takes it's time getting there.

John P.
(ROBPI for 67 years)
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

John,

The International issues go out first class as there is no special non profit rate for international. So those always arrive first. The US ones are sent out at the non profit rate and not first class.

And sure, Marieke, of course I'll be sending you some extras to share with your friends and family.

We won't let out the secret till others receive theirs, but look for Marieke in the issue.

Nancy
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

:) THANKS!
Marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Nothing here in illinois, I expect mine sometime in March...LOL. I just received the sale ads from December 3rd in my mailbox today. Have been complaining to the post office, but it does no good. They just laugh !!! Hopefully will receive mine before we move on the 27th of this month. If not, I will be checking out old mail box daily. Can't wait to find out about the big secret !!! GAYLE