THANKS DEANNA...

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

THANKS DEANNA...

Post by cbe411 »

... for putting together the Ohio gathering today! It was nice to see Dr. Nath again! I appologize for talking to him for so long... thanks to all who got bumped back a bit! You can blame me! Again Thanks Deanna! your greatly appreciated!!!

Courtney
parent needing help
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 03/28/2000 OBPI. rc5-6 rupture, rc7-8 avulsion rt1 stretch. L humeral fx lc7 stretch

Re: THANKS DEANNA...

Post by parent needing help »

We too would like to say thank you to you and your family as well as Dr. Nath. As usual he is such a kind, caring and informative physician. I hope there was a good turnout and he decides to continue with Ohio visits.

Thanks again

Christy & Katie Chapman
sydney's mom

Post by sydney's mom »

You're very welcome. I'm glad I got to put faces to names and I hope everyone had a safe trip home. Everyone showed up for their appointments and we actually go finished around 1 1/2 hours earlier than expected.

On a side note, I got a call from my dad yesterday around 3:00 during clinic saying that my sister was in the hospital. They thought she had a heart attack. I had to leave my husband in charge towards the end so I could get to the hospital with her. She did have a heart attack, but it looks like she's going to be OK. I stayed at the hospital until around 10:00 pm so needless to say it was a very exhausting and emotional day. Please keep her in your prayers!!

Thanks to everyone for attending and I'll talk to you soon.

Deanna
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi Deanna,

Keeping your sister in my thoughts, please keep us posted.

So glad yesterday went so well.

Hope your sister is home soon and you will be able to rest today.

Hugs, Karen
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Deanna
I hope you will have some good news about your sister. I will add her to my prayer list.

Kath (adult/robpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Deanna,
Your sister is on my fast track prayer list. Thank you for all you did to make our Ohio visit with Dr. Nath. You & your husband are our newest "Angels" of our UBPN Family and I appreciate your time and work organizing this weekend for us.

I owe you lotsa ((((Hugs))))!!
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI

Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Thanks from me, too. Adding your sister to my prayer list.

Hugs,
Joanie
jessicaD

Post by jessicaD »

Thanks very much from our family also. We enjoyed our 24 hours stay in the Cincy area and it was great to meet Dr. Nath, although we were hoping for better news :-(.

I'll add your sister to our prayer list also.

Jessica
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Deanna,

Thanks to you and your husband. You did a wonderful job and we truly appreciate it. Thanks to Dr Nath also. We too, were hoping for better news but SO grateful to him for his expertise, time and compassion.

I'll be keeping your sister and your family in my prayers also.

Thanks again
Lorie-Corey's mom