Dr. Grossman

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
laur

Dr. Grossman

Post by laur »

Hello everyone
I live in Nj and we see Dr.Price in NY, who I really like. Mia may need surgery in January and it would be with DR. Grossman(Miami) have only met once. So far it has been a nightmare dealing with his office. This is his staff not him. I am not sure if I should stick with him. I was hoping to hear some experiences with him.(positive or negative. Thanks so much this would really help a lot!
Lauren
16weeks robpi
tcon

Re: Dr. Grossman

Post by tcon »

we saw drs price and grossman for 2nd opinion, as well as Dr Abbott, dr nath and dr waters. My only advice to you is to get more than 1 opinion. My daughter is surgery free to date (who knows what the future will be) but both times we saw Dr. Grossman he wanted to operate. It is hard hearing 5 differnt opinions from 5 differnt drs but i learned alot form each dr. dr price and dr grossman even had differing opinions on surgery for my daughter. We ultimated went with dr waters in boston because we agreed with his philosophy the most.
Good Luck
Terri, mom of kearney 3 LOBPI
laur

Post by laur »

Terri
Thanks so much for the advice! It really helps to hear others stories. I think that Dr. Grossman is eager to operate. I have heard so much about Dr. Waters, I am goign to try and see him! Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

there was another post that got deleted cause it got to naughty about Grossman and the woman had a terrible time with her appointment also.
amberdunn

Post by amberdunn »

Hey Lauren- Just wanted to share with you our experience with Dr. Grossman. We have taken Tyler there since he was 5 months old and Dr. Grossman did his primary surgery. I will say he did a wonderful job on the surgery but his bedside manners really stink! He doesn't take alot of time to talk to you (which has always peeved me because we drive so far to see him), he mostly leaves all the talking to Lorna, the PT. She is really great and has been there for my family whenever we have needed her. It is a nightmare trying to get up with her in the office, but she has always came through when we needed something. I took Tyler to see Dr. Shenaq in Texas when he was two to get a second opinion and he said basically the same thing as Dr. Grossman. I had to have that second opinion to validate what Dr. Grossman was telling us and I'm glad I did it. We are sticking with Dr. Grossman because that is who really knows Tyler's injury the best. Second opinions will keep you from wondering- Does this doctor really know what he's doing with my child?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My daughter is a patient of Dr Grossman. We are scheduled to have surgery in 2 weeks. I can tell you that he is not knife happy. I personally think he does a great job. His bedside manner is not the greatest but in my eyes if the job is done great and he is pleasent I could care less if he talks alot. My experience with Dr Grossman is to get your questions ready so that when he is speaking with you you can ask away and he will answer. Lorna is great as well and you can ask her anything. Feel free to contact me I don't mind at all. Email me and I will give you my number if you would like to talk on the phone.
drumbaugh@capitalcargo.com
I do believe in more then one opinion as well.
Hope I helped and like I said feel free to contact me.
Dana
Tanner's Mom

Post by Tanner's Mom »

We saw Dr. Grossman for one of our opinions and had a positive experience with him, Lorna and his staff. I can understand that he may not have the particularly warm and child-friendly personality that we have experienced with a rare doctor or two. Dr. Grossman actually spent a lot of time with us, but when we see doctors, I guess they don't really have a choice. I do my best to not let them walk out of that door until all of my questions have been asked and answered, and that is usually a few pages worth :). Lorna was great with us and our son, and very helpful long after our visit as well. I too strongly believe in second, third or however many opinions it takes to truly educate yourself and make the most informed decision you can.

Good luck!
Lisa
AmyBrowne

Post by AmyBrowne »

My experience with Dr. Grossman's office has been nothing but horrible. I flew down from NC for an appointment and MRI that never happened. Maria, from Dr. Grossman's office, called me while I was at the airport waiting for the plane to cancel my appointment. It was an error, but she scared me. Maria called my pediatrician for an order for the MRI and did not give them the correct hospital information; (it should have been Baptist Hospital in Miami, FL not Baptist Hospital in North Carolina.) I decided not to take my baby to an office that seems too disorganized and very unsypathetic. I, too, wanted input from other parents before I went to Miami and was very surprised that no one had anything good or bad to say about Dr. Grossman. I have heard he is a brilliant doctor and my pediatrician was very impressed with his publications. But, for me, when it came time to make a decision about my daughter's care, I felt that by my experiences his office staff; I had no confidence in him and his office.
On a lighter note, I will be taking my daughter to Dr. Kozin (Shriners) in Penn. at the end of this week. I HAVE heard wonderful things about him and the staff. If you would like to hear more, you can email me. Hope that helps.
Amy
Daughter, Scarlett 6 months LOBPI
Ravenmadi@bellsouth.net
DAISHA56

Post by DAISHA56 »

I live in NJ also and my daughter goes to Shriners Children Hospital in PA. They are very good.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I contacted Dr. Grossman vie the phone and he spent at least 30 minutes on the phone with me answering questions when my child was a newborn. I was/am very grateful. I did however find it strange that he was very interested in finding out if we had a lawyer yet and who he thought were the best BPI lawyers. When we met him, I did not like his manner for the same reasons as above.