Gas Relief

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Angela Butterfly

Gas Relief

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Subject: I Louvre this story

The price of gas

Did you hear about the guy in Paris who almost got away with stealing several paintings from the Louvre? After planning the crime, getting in and out past security, he was captured only two blocks away when his SUV ran out of gas.

When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied: "Monsieur, I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh."

And you thought I lacked De Gaulle to send you a story like this.

marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: Gas Relief

Post by marieke »

HAHAHA...definitly NOT what I was expecting!
Marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

That is so cute! I just had to reply and say thanks for my laugh of the day.

Joanie
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

LOL... LOL...
I needed this laugh

I was not sure what I would see when I read the subject line... LOL

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Thank you Angela for making me laugh today.I needed that post!
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs all around,
Carolyn
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
FullofFaith

Post by FullofFaith »

Too Funny!!

Tracy
Angela Butterfly

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Thanks.......I was afraid I might get in trouble for posting an off topic joke. With the price of gasoline, I cringe when I fill up my car tank....and thought this was comic relief.

A good friend of mine sent it to me (she has 2 disabled kids - none bpi) one with autism and one had a brain tumor as a young child, causing brain damage. So consequently, I do realize having my 3 very smart kids, one born severe LOBPI, I could have been given an even harder cross to bear.