Brag Post

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
cherie_hohertz

Brag Post

Post by cherie_hohertz »

I figured that we could all use some good news on these boards!

Sarah is growing like a weed, her vocabulary has increased ten fold, and we finally have gotten her supinating past neutral... granted it's only about 5 degrees past neutral, but it's an improvement nonetheless!

Let's hear what great things your kids are doing!

Cherie
Sarah 12/04/02 - ROBPI
admin
Site Admin

Re: Brag Post

Post by admin »

My little one touched his eye for the first time with his BPI hand when he was standing up. Small thing, but YEAH!!!!!!!
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Yeah! touch you eye standing up is a big deal... so happy to hear this.
Kath

KathMubpn.org
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our 11 year old son, James has learned to tie his shoes with one hand. He is RTBPI. Way to go JAMES!!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Question, why is touching the eye more difficult while standing versus sitting? Thanks.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Some of us still cannot do that.
Is a big deal for a small child. It's not sitting or standing but gravity.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Cherie,

This is great news, thanks for sharing. It is nice to hear good news for a change.

Hugs, Karen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our little one has been consistently raising her arm to 90+ degrees and has been able to reach to her eye/forehead. It's not second nature yet for her to touch her face when her arm is that high but we are working on it. YEAH for all of our kids and their many accomplishments!
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

My daughter's name is Kendall she just turned 4 and has a LOBPI. To date, she has had no surgeries! And had just started Pre-School and is doing wonderful! I want to thank Nancy for the information to give to the school on Brachial Plexus Injuries. It has made the teachers so aware of Kendall's injury which makes me feel better.

Kendall is fitting in just fine and can put on her backpack by herself! She still struggles with the left arm but can get it in there and its great therapy having your child take their backpack on and off!
Thanks.