Bad circulation

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
tinachick

Bad circulation

Post by tinachick »

I was swondering if anyone can help or direct me. I havent worn my sling for quite some time now but the blood rushes to my hand when its down to the point where it turns purple. I had the mod quad procedure last May and the surgery was unsuccessful. Do you know what kind of doctor I need or do you know of anyone with a similar situation that could direct me?

parisi

Re: Bad circulation

Post by parisi »

Tina, when i first stopped wearing my sling, i had the same problem with the blood flowing to my hand. It made me kind of nervous but after some time it will subside, even now it still happens occasionally. I talked to my Dr. about it and she said not to worry about it.I don't know what the mod quad procedure is, so i don't know if that could make it worse. I would ask your Dr. Good luck.
Ed
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Re: Bad circulation

Post by cbe411 »

My PT had advised to carry a soft plyable ball type deal in my hand and to squeeze it from time to time to help keep the blood flowing back and forthh. I know that not everyone had hand function so this might not be of help.

COurt xo