Need St. Louis Doctor, please...

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Natalie M.

Need St. Louis Doctor, please...

Post by Natalie M. »

Hi!!
I need the name of a good BPI doctor in St. Louis (Children's or Shriners) that you all would suggest and a phone number.
Logan is still completely dislocated and we need a second opinion.
Thanks!!!
Natalie
admin
Site Admin

Re: Need St. Louis Doctor, please...

Post by admin »

hi,
Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City offers a "full service" BP clinic dedicated to conservative and operative management of children with BPI. We see close to 35 kids per month, and do address orthopedic issues. We have been in place for 7 years. I dont know if KC would be too far to travel, but we would be happy to help.
You can contact us for more information: Vicki Keck RN at 816-234-3970

Cara
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My oldest daughter suffered a LOBPI. We were sent home form the hospital without being told anything was wrong. She had nerve graft surgery at one year of age, tendon transfer and release at 3 1/2 yrs of age.

Post by Cara »

Our Daughter had Primary Surgery at St. Louis Children's Hospital. The Neurosurgeon Dr. PArk is really great. Can't say much about the orthapedic side of it. their website is:
http://brachialplexus.wustl.edu/top.html

Phone: 314-454-2811
shannonmariegreen

Post by shannonmariegreen »

I tried Shriners in St Louis, and they would not operate until my daughter was age 7, I also went to St. Louis Childrens hospital, and I was not happy at all, they had an inten look at my daughter for about 10 minutes and that was it. I ended up going to Texas Childrens Hospital. I hope you have some luck finding a local doctor though.
Shannon
kzd02

Post by kzd02 »

Dr. Park in St. Louis is who Zoe saw but he just couldn't seem to make up his mind also, they don't have a full team. The orthapedic doctor refuses to see Zoe until she is 4. I'm not sure about the Shriners though. We are going to KC this month. WHere are you located?