For anyone planning January surgeries at TCH

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
NancyP

For anyone planning January surgeries at TCH

Post by NancyP »

Just a word of warning that the Superbowl is in Houston this year. We are going to be there the 9th-18th and have already made our reservations. Lisa T said that activities will start up about the time we get there and will last until after the game is over. Hotel rooms will be hard to find.

Nancy
admin
Site Admin

Re: For anyone planning January surgeries at TCH

Post by admin »

Also, if it's like when the Republican Convention was in Houston, the hotels won't offer medical discounts during that time.
Dean-na

Post by Dean-na »

That is good to know. If some wait any longer they might not find a hotel anywhere. Thanks for letting us know.

~Deanna
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

Just wanted to bump this up to the top as people are considering their surgery schedules. We have reservations at the Holiday Inn, but Crowne was offering med rate too. We went with Holiday Inn because we will be there so long this time. MUCH CHEAPER:)

Nancy
jflory

Post by jflory »

Nancy,

Elena and I would really like to visit with you guys when you come for surgery. Please call me when you come here to Houston. (281) 960-5022.

How is Kelsey?
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

Hi Jenny!

Kelsey's scheduled for surgery on the 12th. She will be in PICU for 2 days, then in a regular room. So if all goes well she should be able to have visitors by Wednesday the 14th. We won't get out until sometime during the weekend. We would love to see you guys! Kelsey was asking about Elena just the other day. She is in 1st grade this year and loving it. How is Elena?
jflory

Post by jflory »

We will definately visit on Wednesday. We are looking forward to it!!! See you then!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
My son is schedueled for surgery on January 27th. When is the superbowl? I would like to avoid all the hopla surrounding the superbowl, do I need to reschedule?
Thanks,
Stephanie
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

It's really close to the date Stephanie. Lisa T told me that the festivities will be starting about the time we arrive. The Superbowl is usually the last Sunday in January.
Tim Birk

Post by Tim Birk »

The Super Bowl is Sunday, Feb 1.