scholarship for college

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

scholarship for college

Post by admin »

Does anyone know of any scholarship money for college bound students with Erb's Palsy? Our daughter Stephanie has begun her search for schools.Thank you.
Sue (Sarah's mom)

Re: scholarship for college

Post by Sue (Sarah's mom) »

Hi Wendy......I'm not on the board much but had to let Nancy and everyone else know the success we've recently had. As someone already suggested, read my post "State Help". It addresses your question. Once I brought all my daughter's medical paperwork in she was approved immediately. Sarah has a mild case of BPI but her medical records distinctly said she does have BPI and her limitations. It really is worth a try. Sarah will get around $3,000 from New York State this year for college. Next year our finances will be evaluated again to see if we/she qualifies for economic need for the following school year. Please feel free to email me, if you have any questions. If it wasn't for this site and Nancy Birk's guidance, we never would have found out about this.