Anyone from Wisconsin

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Anyone from Wisconsin

Post by Brenda333 »

Anyone here from Wisconsin?
Brenda
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
mom_2x_2002

Re: Anyone from Wisconsin

Post by mom_2x_2002 »

Hi Brenda I am from Wisconsin. We live in Waupaca. Which is near Stevens Point. What city are you in?

Nicki
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Post by Brenda333 »

We are about 20 mins west of the Fox Cities. Do you have a child affected?
Brenda
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
julie715

Post by julie715 »

Hi Brenda,
I am from Clear Lake, about 50 miles north of Eau Claire and 50 miles east of Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Julie
mom_2x_2002

Post by mom_2x_2002 »

Brenda, My daughter Hannah has LOBP. She's 3. She just had her first surgery at TCH. She had mod quad July 15, 03 We are still in the recovery process and wearing a splint at night. Do u have a child with BP? If so have you been to any of the BP clinics here in WI?

Nicki
Kara

Post by Kara »

I'm live in Janesville WI. I am finding more and more BPI in WI.
if anyone wants to chat...
ruther23@charter.net