surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
erica

surgery

Post by erica »

Hi all!
I had surgery with dr. Harrop on August 7. I an just now able to go online, so I am posting now.
It went very well. He said that surgery went well and he was pleased. It was a 2 1/2 hour surgery. He took a tendon from my arm and transferred it to my fingers. We're hoping for finger extension. I was out of hospital by 3:30 that day. I have an appointment with Dr. Harrop on September 3 to get my splint off. Until then I have to leave my splint on 24 hrs a day.
Things are going very well. I have had no pain for the past 6 days. So things are going very well.
Erica:o)
JaimeC

Re: surgery

Post by JaimeC »

That is way cool Erica!! When will you know if you have extension, when the splint comes off? How exciting! Where is Dr. Harrop? Do let us know how it turns out. Jaime
erica

Post by erica »

Hi Jaime!
I probably won't know if I have finger extension 6 months to a year.
Dr. Harrop is located in Calgary Alberta, Canada. He was reccommeded by my plastic surgeon in Lethbridge as well as by dr. Clarke at the hospital for sick kids in Toronto, Ontario. I have a lot of faith in him.
Erica
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Hi Erica

Thanks so much for posting I was wondering how you are doing. I am glad you found a doctor you have so much faith in.

I am glad to here you have little pain. Please keep us all updated...

Thank you sister for keeping us posted too you are lucky to have such a loving sister.

Kath
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

Glad things are going well.
Cindy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

congrats Erica, just wanted to give you a shout out hello and good luck with the surgery results, its me Max's mom :)
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Glad to hear everything went well for you. I had no idea there was a Dr. in Calgary who could do that. That's great. I'm glad its all working out for you. I am going to have my surgery Sept. 11 in Houston, TX with Dr. Nath. Nervous but anxious as well.
Take care
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

erica - so glad that things went well with your surgery - we wish you an easy recovery and hope that your dreams come true!
-francine & maia