TES electrodes

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Rachel

TES electrodes

Post by Rachel »

We are having trouble getting electrodes in a timely manner. Amanda's specific electrodes have been on back order for over a month. Does anyone who does TES use electrodes other than the ones sent through Mayatek?
Francine_Litz

Re: TES electrodes

Post by Francine_Litz »

rachel - I've been looking for the right sized carbon ones elsewhere but haven't found them yet...

maybe someone else has though - I'll be curious to see if anybody has

can you tell us what size you use and maybe if any of us have extra we can send a set to you?

-francine
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

We have an "EMPI" NES (neuromuscular electrical stimulation) unit and we mix and match electrodes from past units and whatever electrodes the therapist has extra or lying around her office from other machines and patients (not used ones tho).

We also cut the electrode pads to different shapes or sizes with scissors to get a better fit or placement or to isolete specific nerves or muscle groups.

This was the only reasonable response to backorders.

Joshua
nana

Post by nana »

Rachel, we have use MEDResponse 1800-635-1948 www.medresponse.com we order 2.25x2 4/pkg,at $11 per pkg, order extra! so far we have not had any BACK orders issures, we Do get ours Deliverys on time, , also heres one more number you can call 1-800-6719073, or fax # 304-4871300 you have to have your physician fax or Call the order in the first time, once thay have that on file then you can order it your self, hope this helps,
kelli_

Post by kelli_ »

Well, we just got ours in from Mayatek. Been waiting since January. They were trying to locate a different manufacturer since there had been problems with their previous supplier. Although, we never had any problems I guess enough people did and they sought out new manufacturers. Give them a call. They should be abailable now.
Kelli
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

For my son I order from www.wisdomking.com for his electrods. I have never had to back order them and they usually arrive withing 3 to 5 days. We use a tes machine from Mayatek. I thought there price was high so I checked around. I am able to get them at a 1.25 inch diameter. I pay 7.95 a pack.

Ruth