Locating Doctors

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Allison - Tom's wife

Locating Doctors

Post by Allison - Tom's wife »

HELP NEEDED

Hi everybody
My husband Tom has a bpi, to what exactly yet I'm not sure, as I'm awaiting DR's reports (as were not together then) but I'm told the C7 is involved, and apparantly some avulsions.

Injury sustained from a motor-bike 18/6/99.
When the injury first happened he was told that his arm would never recover, but now we can both see so much improvement we feel there is a chance to help him.

Tom can now bend his arm to a 90 degree angle to his elbow & hold it there for about 10-30 seconds.
He has partial movement in his hand & quite a lot of nerve pain.

We are in Australia & need to know some names & numbers of Doctors-Surgeons, who we can contact to help us.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks! Allison
lizzyb

Re: Locating Doctors

Post by lizzyb »

Hi Allison..try this page on this site..

http://ubpn.org/awareness/A2002linksupport.html#2

It hasn't been updated for a while, and it is a list for support groups for Erb's Palsy but it might be a good place to start. Good luck with your search..let us know how you get on.
Paul

Post by Paul »

http://ubpn.org/medicalresources/ here the web conection Allison Paul
Geoff R

Post by Geoff R »

Alison,I live in Sydney.I have an appointment with my doctor Thursday 23rd Jan.re:-surgery,I will post names for you.Glad to see Tom is improving.Geoff.
Geoff R

Post by Geoff R »

Alison,the rehab/physio doctor i'm seeing is still researching for surgeons.At Sydneys Royal North Shore Hospital,they only see one BPI injury per year,there for finding some one who knows what they are doing is a problem.I have been given one name so far,but I need to get more info.about him.I would recommend Tom to go and see some one at your local hospitals rehab/physio unit re:- his injury.the people at Hornsby hospital have been fantastic,givig me advice as well as retaining movement in my arm.That is joints not freezing up.I will keep you informed as info.comes to hand.Geoff.