just a word!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
pattisy

just a word!

Post by pattisy »

I really don't have anything earth-shattering to say today! I just wanted to say hello! to every lucky soul to have found this site. Today is a day that we weren't really forced to think about Peyton's injury, even though it's always in the back of our minds. I just want to encourage every mom and dad to take time out for themselves. Sometimes we get so consumed with all that goes along with our child's injury(ies) that we often don't realize the toll it takes on us. Our children are the most important gifts in our lives, but if we're not healthy who will take care of them? Please take a moment to reward yourself: eat some chocolate, smell the flowers(what remains!), read inspirational readings, or whatever restores your soul. We didn't choose our children's injuries but we can choose how we react to them and take care them and ourselves in the process. Peace to all; at least for this moment...Patti
Joy in FL

Re: just a word!

Post by Joy in FL »

Very nice Patti. :-) Restoring ones soul is always a beautiful thing.

Joy
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
tina arvizu

Post by tina arvizu »

You are so right. I am the worst about making things all about Gabrielle. Thanks to the support of my husband who makes me take time to smell the flowers. Gabrielle will be splint free as of tomorrrow post mod quad. My husband is sending me to Chicago to visit a dear friend. I will shop, get my nails done and sleep in. Support from spouse, friends and/or family is the best medicine! Thanks for the happy thoughts.
B'smom

Post by B'smom »

Hi,

Well said! I am a massage therapist but have gone ages w/o getting one. Last Jan. I decided to get one every month and forget about the money and guilt. Low and behold I was introduced to another massage therapist and we have been doing exchanges for almost a year every other week. My body was filled with pain and I feel most of it due to stress,heartache and worry. I now live for my 1 hour to myself and it makes a huge difference. Whether it be massage, a hike,getting your nails done or whatever, we all need time to recharge our batteries and rest our souls. We are all putting out so much for our children and families. If we dont take care of ourselves,nobody will!

Felicia
sharlon

Post by sharlon »

i sat on the sofa and ate a frowzen california pizza and watched the victoria secret commercial without guilt!!!
Karen Hillyer

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Patty
Thank you for a lovely message. Today has been a VERY bad day for me and I have been having my own pity party this evening, so THANK YOU for your lovely post.
Karen
pattisy

Post by pattisy »

Karen-and everyone who read the post-I hope your day went well or better! Sometimes I have to get out the microscope to find something good, but when I do I am always glad I did!