pre-surgury question

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
BODEAN

pre-surgury question

Post by BODEAN »

hello board, im going down to texas to have nervegraph surgury to on 12/3/01, I was involved in a motorcycle accident that ripped the bp right out of my spine, and i wanted to know if this type of surgury was a success to any of you that has had this type of surgury done.
karlos

Re: pre-surgury question

Post by karlos »

hi
iv had the nerve graft shit done in leeds uk , about 4 1/2 yrs ago and it was a great success,i regained about 75% movement back but it took over 3 yrs to get the results,mine was also a motorbike accident.

if you want anymore info just click my name and send me an e-mail or just post here.

good luck karl
BODEAN

Post by BODEAN »

thank you carl i made a mistake, the surgury is on 11/30, and yes im looking forward to it and some recovery. thank you
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Hi!

Yep; like Karl, I had this surgery done in the UK about 8 yrs ago now. I re-gained elbow function, but it took a while after surgery to see/feel any change, so don't expect too much at first!

Most people I have spoken to have noticed the start of gradual improvement after around 9 months-1 year, and re-gained optimum function after around 2-3 years....not exactly a speedy result, but unfortunately, that's the way it is, mostly, with nerve grafting.

Good luck with the surgery; let us know how you get on.

Liz
Phil

Post by Phil »

I had a BC injury 30 years ago in similar circumstances in the UK. Good lick with the surgury.
Phil
BODEAN

Re: 10 Months After Surgury

Post by BODEAN »

hello again, it,s been t10 monts since my surgury, and i must say i got about 20% use so far, now im able to lift my arm up to about 90 degrees, and move my elbow in. although i cant push away.i still got alot of healing time ahead of me.
karlos

Re: 10 Months After Surgury

Post by karlos »

hi there ,
doesnt time fly...glad to here your getting some improvements ,but youve still a good 2 yr to go.
Keep us all upto date

karl
mikeyb

Post by mikeyb »

I had reconstructive surgery 4 years ago. After a year post op I went from a complete " flail " arm to having good use of my shoulder and elbow. My hand even came back a bit with time. Nothing like "real" hand movement but it's alot more useful than it was at the beginning.

Best of luck,

Mikey :)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bodean its nice to hear from you. We have a topic called surgery has anyone had any success. I don't if you had seen it. Thairs alot of postings about surgury. I don't think its a good Idea to start a similar topic. Paul