Support Group in the Orlando, FL area

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
rappold6
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI December 29, 2008 to my son, Zach at birth. He has had 2 surgeries with Dr. Nath, has won SSDI but can't find a lawyer to help us or a support group in our area.

Support Group in the Orlando, FL area

Post by rappold6 »

Hi families of BPI's. I have been reading this site for a couple of years but haven't posted until now. I would love to know how to a support group or start a support group in my area for BPI. My son has a OBPI but we can do a support group of either. Please help me in my search or endeavor.
Side note- Does anyone know of a lawyer that can help me with a tricky OBPI lawsuit?
Zachs mom
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Re: Support Group in the Orlando, FL area

Post by Tuckersmommy »

I live in port saint John,fla...not very far from you :P
Life is a dance~We will all learn it as we go
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Re: Support Group in the Orlando, FL area

Post by F-Litz »

Space Coast BPI Support Group
Contact Person: Leslie Mckibben, PT
133 Gateway Dr.
Suite 1015
Melbourne, FL 32901
lmpt@worldnet.att.net