Hi...to all

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
msump341
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Car wreck 07-19-2008, Vanderbilt (Dr. Watson is awesome!) avulsion, Mayo Clinic Jan 2009 (Dr. Bishop & Dr. Shin and a host of other doctors!), nerve and muscle transfer, unsuccessful. Left arm is dead from middle of bicep down to hand. Hand is curled up, forearm has a rod in it and it feels like I am carrying around a baseball bat. Because of the Mayo Surgery, I also had to have breast surgery (which Vanderbilt messed up, major scarring still!) which was another blow to self-image. So dealing with much PAIN (Lyrica and Opana high doses) learning to do things one handed SUXS, the stares and pity from others is hard to deal with! Glad to have found this site! Peace Out from Tennessee! :) Mary

Hi...to all

Post by msump341 »

Hello everyone!
I can’t express the words that I feel in finding this site! I never dreamed that there is so many people who have and are experiencing the same things that I thought I was going thru ALONE!
Thanks
Mary
marlene1959
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle Accident-passenger (May 07) RTBPI (avulsion), closed head injury, diminished sight in right eye, Broken neck,wrist,ankle,clavicle, burst T6 (surgical intervention),ribs, fractured facial bones. In coma for 5 weeks, rehab 5 weeks. Back to work 3 1/2 months post accident. Referred to Mayo from Louisville Hand Center. Brachial Plexus Reconstruction at Mayo February 2008. January 2010-showing small signs of nerve activity. Was last seen at Mayo July 2010 and was told I did not HAVE to return unless something changed....am still dealing with the disappointment of being told this. I'm afraid my surgery was performed too late (9 months post accident) to be successful.

Re: Hi...to all

Post by marlene1959 »

OMG Mary. Your story is so similar to mine. I also had an unsuccessful surgery at Mayo (Feb. 2008). And then breast reduction surgery there July 2010!! I think my BP surgery was performed too late (9 months post accident) and the amount of trauma I initially sustained did not help matters any. Plus my age (48) was a negative also! But when you spend 2 months in the hospital and rehab, it just takes longer to get the help needed early enough. Would love to have a more in-depth conversation with you at some point....plus we are almost neighbors since Southern Illinois is not all that far from Tennessee!! Hang in there, this site is a wonderful tool to help you deal with your "new normal".
wright
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right Hand OBPI,Traumetic with septicemia,bilirubin -24 counts,approx birth weight 10lbs,110% healthy before birth. Now going through PE everyday with some emotional and psycho issues hoping to get through .d.o.b.October16-99.Looking forward to Share with all of you .I am Jolly on par,always ready to find a way to be happy and make others happy.my classmates wait for me.
All your's
sam wright

Re: Hi...to all

Post by wright »

hello everyone im sam :ugeek: .im new to this site . i never knew so many people are online and we could communicate
this is an awsome site