Use of electical stimulation

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
janalynn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My grandson was born 2/9/11 at 10 lbs 13 oz with Erb's palsy. I am a
Physical Therapist and seek all information about his injury.

Use of electical stimulation

Post by janalynn »

What is your experience with electrical stimulation or kinesiotaping for a 14 week old with beginning shoulder flexion and no biceps, or supinators? Thank you
RaisingCropsandBabys

Re: Use of electical stimulation

Post by RaisingCropsandBabys »

My son was having nerve surgery around that time. We did start kinesiotaping around 5 or 6 mos. old and then estiming at 11 mos. old. He is now 3-1/2 and we still do both. I feel like both have helped him (esp. estiming when it came to weight-bearing on Lefty... he only started after 5-6 weeks after starting estiming). We k-taped for biceps, rhomboids, supinator, and wrist extensors when he was younger. Now we alternate between: transferred lat muscle, serratus, rhomboids, and wrist extensors (as they only recommend doing 3 muscle groups at one time). I know your son is younger, but if you have any questions I'm an open book!

He has no bicep movement? What center does he go to? Do they think he would benefit from the nerve surgery?