Humeral Osteotomy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Marnie

Humeral Osteotomy

Post by Marnie »

Hi all. I haven't been on in awhile. My son is now 13 yo and he has a LBPI. He had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Nath and the Triangle Tilt with Dr. Nath, which failed. We just got back from Shriners in Philadelphia and Peyton had the humeral osteotomy. I will let you all know the results of this. He will be in the current bandage for 3 weeks, then we go back to Philly and have a brace put on that he will wear for another 3 weeks. He had really bad scapula winging, which is now gone, we will see how it is when he comes out in six weeks. I know I had a hard time finding anything about the osteotomy so I wanted to put this out there and let you know that I will keep you updated.
dani_was_here
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Traumatic BPI, June 8, 2008, Nerve graft surgery

Re: Humeral Osteotomy

Post by dani_was_here »

I appreciate the info. I myself am getting the Osteotomy on April 18th. I hope you son does well.
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Which Dr. is doing it?
dani_was_here
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Traumatic BPI, June 8, 2008, Nerve graft surgery

Post by dani_was_here »

Dr. Faber in London,ON
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

Post by AlannahD »

Wishing the best in recovery and results for Peyton - C Bearly
ironmansmom

Post by ironmansmom »

funny how these kiddos are all so different...my son had a failed osteotomy, but so far (2 1/2 yrs post op) triangle tilt has been successful.

BTW, how long after triangle tilt was it considered failed? Just wondering....

Hope yours has a quick recovery and excellent results! Good to hear that the winging is better!! :D
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

ironmansmom wrote:funny how these kiddos are all so different...my son had a failed osteotomy, but so far (2 1/2 yrs post op) triangle tilt has been successful.

BTW, how long after triangle tilt was it considered failed? Just wondering....

Hope yours has a quick recovery and excellent results! Good to hear that the winging is better!! :D

About 4 months after TT his arm started internally rotating again and the scalpula began to wing. It was about the time he was able to raise his arm over his head again.
jasg

Post by jasg »

The osteotomy was recommended for my daughter and I have had a hard time finding much information on it. I would love to hear what someone else's experience was. I hope that you will post. thanks
dani_was_here

Post by dani_was_here »

I'll be going for my humeral osteotomy on April 28th. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
angelsmom26

Post by angelsmom26 »

My daughter too is recommended for this surgery. We are scheduled in Boston in June. Whatever info anyone has, I would love to hear it. It really seems like a big step.

Kim