It has been a long time!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Cole's Mommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Cole was born 4/30/07, ROBPI, pt and ot since birth, 2 procedures---both botox of internal rotators by Dr. Kozin. Before 1st botox, Cole's extension was "stuck" around 90 degrees-after procedure and casting, extension almost 180 degrees (no supination or external rotation) After 2nd botox procedure Cole gained external rotation and supination.

It has been a long time!

Post by Cole's Mommy »

Hi Everyone!
It has been a long time since I have posted. After reading through some of the recent postings, it is nice to hear some old familiar voices, and of course sad to see so many new ones (although I still thank God for this site and all the support and advice that was given to me here). A quick update on Cole...we are so blessed that he has been doing so amazingly well. After his second botox procedure, he made tremendous gains and has not stopped. I look at him now and barely see inclings of a once paralyzed right arm. I know the pain that so many of you are going through and Cole and I pray for eliminating injuries and recovery every night.

I am now 36 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby and I am scheduled for a c-section (couldn't bare the possibility of another injury) Feb. 1st. This is an exciting time for us, but it has triggered many emotions from Cole's birth and stirred up fear in me, about just how out of my control my little girl's safety can be.

I think of you all so often, and again, I thank you for all for the knowledge and loving support shared here.
Nicole (Cole's Mommy)
lawrey

Re: It has been a long time!

Post by lawrey »

Congratulations on the expectant birth of Cole's baby brother or sister!!! I'm so happy for you! You're such a wonderful person and a spectacular mother!! Also, so happy to hear of Cole's success!!! Way to go Cole! Think of you guys often!!!
Lots of Love,
Dawn and Aubree (and Gabi and Jeremy of course)
Cole's Mommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Cole was born 4/30/07, ROBPI, pt and ot since birth, 2 procedures---both botox of internal rotators by Dr. Kozin. Before 1st botox, Cole's extension was "stuck" around 90 degrees-after procedure and casting, extension almost 180 degrees (no supination or external rotation) After 2nd botox procedure Cole gained external rotation and supination.

Post by Cole's Mommy »

Dawn! How are you doing? Update me please on all of you :-). I think of you and your amazing family so often, too!
With so much love sent your way, Nicole
lawrey

Post by lawrey »

Nicole

I know you and technology ... so not sure if you still have the same email address or not. Email me though sometime!!
schluet_er@yahoo.com

Update on us: We're now living in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. (WAY up north in Wisconsin). Enjoying small town life, but MISSING large city life (would settle for Medium sized city). Aubree is doing great! Not really anything new in terms of movements, but she does great with what she has! In fact the other day she raised her arm straight up over her head and held it there for me to hold her hand (which she normally would just reach across with her left hand for me to hold it). We go back to Mayo the end of the month for a check-up/check-in :) So it'll be interesting to see what they say. Last year when we were there they were extremely pleased with her progress, but were considering future procedures to give her finger extension, and to help put her forearm in a more neutral position.

EMAIL ME when you have time!!!!!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Nicole it's great to hear from you. Cole's progress is fantastic.
Please come here more often and for sure, keep us updated on your new baby. I LOVE baby news :)
"gramma" Carolyn J 8-)
LOBPI/72
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Hi Dawn and Nicole, It's been awhile since I visited the site. Glad to hear both of you are doing well!! Thanks for all the support/advice during Lily's first months. Take care.