excersize diagrams

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Susie

excersize diagrams

Post by Susie »

Hi, I am looking for some basic drawings of some stretches/excersizes recommended for a bpi 8 year old child. His PE teacher has requested it and I am having a hard time finding illstrations. Does anyone know of a website I could print these off of? Thanks, Susie
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: excersize diagrams

Post by marieke »

It really depends on what her limitations are.. no two bpi are the same.
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Re: excersize diagrams

Post by F-Litz »

PE teachers shouldn't be involved in specific arm exercises -- they are not PTs or OTs. The PE teacher should do their best to involve the child in all the things that all the other children are doing to have fun and stay fit... playing games and if they are working on equipment, doing all the things the strengthen the core. Core work is really important.