Hotels in Phillly

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
nkjacoby
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Nicholas is 11 years old and his birth was complicated by a severe shoulder dystocia resulting in a severe LOBPI. He has had 5 surgeries to date with very little improvement. His left arm has never fully gained any functional use and has been completely flaccid until his last surgery. It now sits at a more natural position, but he is still unable to use his arm. However, his hand function was never limited until after his most recent surgery and is now completely limited due to an ulnar nerve entrapment. He is getting ready to have his 6th surgery in April to free the ulnar nerve from his last surgery. He is an amazing young man who never gives up on his dreams. He is my HERO!!!

Hotels in Phillly

Post by nkjacoby »

Hello everyone. We are going to see Dr. Kozin next week and wondering if any of you could recommend a hotel close to the hospital?
Mom to Nicholas 11 LOBPI, Dawson 7, and Kalyssa 5
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Re: Hotels in Phillly

Post by F-Litz »

Closest hotel is Conwell Inn (in the middle of Temple University) - it's a nice place. No amenities though (no restaurant, etc.)It's like a small bed and breakfast.

http://www.conwellinn.com/

Then there's the Crowne Plaza on the main line and they have a restaurant and an indoor pool and it's in a good shopping district... a little further way but still possible.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/e ... rchresults
nkjacoby
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Nicholas is 11 years old and his birth was complicated by a severe shoulder dystocia resulting in a severe LOBPI. He has had 5 surgeries to date with very little improvement. His left arm has never fully gained any functional use and has been completely flaccid until his last surgery. It now sits at a more natural position, but he is still unable to use his arm. However, his hand function was never limited until after his most recent surgery and is now completely limited due to an ulnar nerve entrapment. He is getting ready to have his 6th surgery in April to free the ulnar nerve from his last surgery. He is an amazing young man who never gives up on his dreams. He is my HERO!!!

Post by nkjacoby »

Thanks Francine. I was actually looking at both last night online. I think I am probably going to go with Crowne Plaza. We won't be able to leave Johnson City until around noon or so. I hope we will not be arriving too late. Do you know if they charge for parking per day? I know that most do. Thank you again for your advice.
Mom to Nicholas 11 LOBPI, Dawson 7, and Kalyssa 5
Kaiden'smom

Post by Kaiden'smom »

We usually stay at the Ronald McDonald house, it's only 10/night. They do have a requirement that you check in by 7 pm. I've also stayed at Aloft, it's close to the airport, about 15-20 minutes to the hospital depending on traffic. That place was OK, nice place, but not bath tub for the kids. More of a grown up place, I don't think I'd stay there again with my son.

Message was edited by: Kaiden'smom
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

no parking charges there
AngieD

Post by AngieD »

We have stayed at the Crowne several times and have never had any problems. No parking fees and then we had time one day and we took the bus to downtown and shopped.