dislocated elbow

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Mare

dislocated elbow

Post by Mare »

Has any one had surgery for their dislocated elbow frankies ulnar is dislocated and it pops causing him pain I read that Maia had her elbow fixed was this for dislocation Francine and who did she see. Mare
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Re: dislocated elbow

Post by F-Litz »

Hi Mare... Maia did not have it repaired surgically -- Dr. Tedd and his KST magic got it back in and it's stayed in since. BUT she also has not done any weightbearing on it to pop it out again either. (AND we stopped working with the therapist who INSISTED on her weight bearing on the arm!!) yeeesh!

An orthopedic doctor can take care of this surgically. I understand from another mom (and the pictures she sent me years ago) that they just cut off the end and the pain goes away.

-francine
francine@litzfamily.com
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Mare - I just saw your other post... the dislocation that Maia had surgically repaired was in her shoulder - not her elbow. So I was saying that now that the shoulder was in socket, her elbow contracture seemed better...

I agree with Claudia -- get a fresh look soon. Pain sucks.
Tessie258

Post by Tessie258 »

Jameson had his Radial head grow in an L shape and it caused it to constantly pop. He had it just shaved off a little bit when he was 5 but it grew back! He had about 1/2 an inch removed when he was older...If my memory is correct about age 12. It was the easiest surgery(s) he ever had...of course he has nerve damage in his elbow and didn't really feel any pain from the surgery. The missing bone hasn't really caused him any problems. I think it is a surgery that any proficient ortho can do.

I think I have pictures around here somewhere...the doctor actually brought the bone out for us to see!