Best way for increase in ROM

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
sam9007

Best way for increase in ROM

Post by sam9007 »

I want to increase supination. The movement that would be in a shoulder press. and moving elbows away from body to side. Thanks Im also bodybuilding/powerlifting so im looking to balance balance and balance some more..
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Re: Best way for increase in ROM

Post by Jennifer P »

I really like swimming, freestyle, back stroke and breast stroke really help to keep my arm moving in all directions.
Arc76
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, winging scapula, elbow contracture, limited ROM shoulder/arm/hand
3 surgeries to date Hand/wrist @ ages 12/13 and Mod Quad-shoulder @ age 29

Post by Arc76 »

for a static stretch.....Try lying on the floor(on your back) with your legs bent 90 degrees at the hips-resting them against the wall.....extend both of your arms out to your sides and rest a flat weight on the open palm of your affected hand....if you close your eyes and relax it helps...
Chrissie

Post by Chrissie »

Hi,

This sounds very similar to an exercise my physio suggested. After 45 years I went along to my local surgery and the physio there gave me some exercises to do. This was one of them and it really does help. An additional element is to rest the arm (above the elbow) on something - maybe rest it on a large book - so that the weight in the hand help to stretch the lower part of the arm and stretches out the contracted muscle. I'm hoping this makes some sense :-).