it's been a while...

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
MandieS

it's been a while...

Post by MandieS »

(I posted this in the general forum as well)

For the first time in the almost 7 years of Sarahs life, she is complaining of pain.

She said that her shoulder hurts and its pinching inside of her elbow.

I called up her therapist and got it checked out. She said that the tendons and muscles seem to be wearing out in her rotator cuff. She gave us stretches and exercises to do for 2 weeks and told me to bring her back. At that point, she will know more and possibly have to see her doctor.

Well, her doctor is a member of my brothers karate school and attends the class right after sarah so i caught her last night and mentioned it to her. She said to make sure that I give her advil for the inflammation and after our recheck with the PT, to bring her in.

Anyone have anything similar to this happen?

Its scary because Sarah has had such a great recovery and never complained of pain until now.

Yesterday when we left, I had a big rush of those feelings that i had when she was first born...fear and helplessness...

Thanks guys.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: it's been a while...

Post by Kath »

Mandie
Don't be fearfull and never feel hopeless. You are doing all you can do to help her.

Remember to warm her arm before you stretch it.

How is the weather, is it damp or cool? That really has a major affect on how our arms feel.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
MandieS

Re: it's been a while...

Post by MandieS »

Thanks for your reply Kath.

Our weather is typical South Louisiana weather...freezing one day, 80 degrees the next!

She complains mostly during the night.