Would like 2 spread awareness. Need help with a name.

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
GAmom

Would like 2 spread awareness. Need help with a name.

Post by GAmom »

Hey all.

I was laid off from my job that I loved back in August due to lack of funding. I worked for a local arts council & loved it cause it was the first job that I was able to let my creative juices flow. Anyhow, ever since I have been doing some sewing and selling the clothes mainly locally. However, I was asked 4 a business card the other day & realized I don't really have a name for my side business per say. I would really like this opportunity to spread BPI awareness through my sewing. So if anyone has an idea for a name please feel free to share. I would like for it to be BPI related so that it would strike peoples interest & maybe they would like to learn more. I live in a really small town & most know that my son was injured but not what the injury is. Most assume that he is all better & dont ask until they see us at OT or in a new brace or having trouble at school. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

Thanks!

Ashley, mom to Brayden 5yrs ROBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Would like 2 spread awareness. Need help with a name.

Post by Carolyn J »

How about "Brayden's-Talented-Mom"? people wil ask you why you put your son's name on a /your "Business" Card, then you can exolain via Awareness. (people don't often put their child's name on their Business).

HUgs, al around your house,
Carolyn J
LOBPI adult--sometimes ;)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Would like 2 spread awareness. Need help with a name.

Post by richinma2005 »

Why not stick with BPI then?

BPI Stitching :
you could say it was Best Patterns Imaginable Stitching, and the say also it stands for Brachial Plexus Injury, an injury your son sustained at birth and hand out a pamphlet (prevention or info or both-downloadable from UBPN)

or something along those lines BPI sewing etc.

RICH