Trial in a few weeks

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
mommy

Trial in a few weeks

Post by mommy »

any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I am getting so nervous

also, I will be 14 weeks pregnant at the trial (no one even knows I am pregant yet). I am afraid of what the stress will do to us but I am uncomfortable talking to my OB about our trial against another OB. I am sure she will hear about the trail as they are in the same town but I just dont know how to bring it up or if I even should bring it up. thoughts??
Jessica'smom

Re: Trial in a few weeks

Post by Jessica'smom »

Good luck with the trial and congrats on the baby.

I think I would talk in general terms about something stressful in your life and ask the doctor about the effects. I have read that stress isn't great for pregnant women, but don't know much more than that. You certainly don't need to go into trial details to talk to the doctor, but your health and the baby's health are very important.
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Look at it this way...you can't change the stress, so don't stress about the stress. Do you know what I mean? Stress doesn't cause you to cause harm (miscarriage, bleeding, anomolies, etc.) in an unborn child. It is sensed by the unborn baby of course. Is it something you HAVE to talk to your new OB about...I don't think so if you don't want to. It's your personal information. You can't change the stress right now, and what in the world is the new OB going to suggest for advice???...take a bath and relax or something silly like that that you could have come up with on your own. Do what you feel comfortable doing.

Good luck with the trial.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 4 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
ccorkra

Post by ccorkra »

My dad was diagnosed with stage-4 non-small cell lung cancer when I was 4 months pregnant with my daughter Lucy. It was extremely stressful but my pregnancy went well until of course the delivery and Lucy's LOBPI.

I would definitely recommend seeing a therapist. I started seeing a therapist about 5 months after my father passed and I was dealing with all of Lucy's BPI issues and it has helped immensely. It is nice to have someone to talk to that is completely objective as well as understanding. We also do a lot of relaxation exercises and visualizations. She also reminds me that I need to take time for myself as well take care of myself. Since you are out of your first trimester you could go get a prenatal massage once a month if you can afford it. And most importantly, just remember to keep breathing.

Good luck with your trial. We are still in the discovery process and the attorneys are still trying to schedule the depos. I know how stressful it can be! Carol, mom to Lucy, LOBPI, 23mths
VT Girl

Post by VT Girl »

Is your trial about you or your baby? Our baby was born with a BPI in 1997.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Carol,
I am glad you mentioned that Counseling helps. It most certainly does helps alot. For both Moms, Dads, Siblings AND BPI-Children when need arises.Emotional issues can be the "Secondary Injuries" spoken of inthe "Medical Issues for Adults with OBPI's" in the "Medical Information" link for Adults with OBPI's. This is a Lifetime CareInjury for all.

HUGS,
Carolyn J :)
LOBPI/69
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI