Houston News - Dr. Nath Surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jflory

Houston News - Dr. Nath Surgery

Post by jflory »

http://www.khou.com/video/newsmore.html

Please scroll down till you see the Iraq family surgery headline. It is video footage of Dr. Nath performing surgery on the little one. It is graphic.
ptrefam

Re: Houston News - Dr. Nath Surgery

Post by ptrefam »

Guess I watched a different video or something. How did you determine it was 2 hrs? Also guess I missed the part about how many avulsions there were? Primary= first in line, or occurance. I am sure just as the injury differs for each person so does the surgery. In the first video I watched Dr Nath was testing which nerves or muscles had impulses. He determined the child had some bicep but no hand. It seemed that the surgery he performed addressed the issue of doing what was best for this child. Perhaps the insicion was the best way to get to the area he felt needed to be addressed. Our primary surgery did not last 10 hours. They opened him up, did an EMG, determined that no nerves were avulsed and that they should leave it alone, closed him up. So, it just depends on what they find.
Sue