depression

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
ShellyE

depression

Post by ShellyE »

does everyone go through ups and downs with depression or is it just me. some times i feel fine and my limitations don't bother me.........other days i feel like i'm worthless and should just crawl back in bed and stay there
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Re: depression

Post by cbe411 »

I think we all go through that at times!! Im feeling ok right now but right after surgery an things were starting to get back to normal but not 100% I Just wanted to jump off a cliff!! It happens!! I have been DOWN so many times!! Talk to us! Thats what we are here for!! SERIOUSLY!! If you need something let us know!! Been there done that!!

COurtney
Henry

Post by Henry »

Pain levels also effect the emotions as does lack of sleep. no matter how bleek things may seem at times, it will pass and you need to hang on to that through the darkness.

And, as Courtney said, you are not alone in this. We are here and we are everywhere, so there is never a bad time to get on and vent.

Henry
spinkydee

Post by spinkydee »

Also, opiates as can other medications can contribute to depression. I am a psychiatric nurse practitioner. My son is the injured one but I read the board. If anyone has a question regarding medications used for depression or what to do...please contact me. The best thing is to get yourself out of bed and do something that makes you feel good about yourself. But, be gentle with yourself and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Grief is a large part of the process of accepting this kind of injury to your body. Take care, Michele
ShellyE

Post by ShellyE »

Thanks for the encouraging words. It does help to know there are others out there who deal with similar issues. My husband is wonderful but just doesn't get it sometimes.
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

I am trying to understand the highs and lows about having tbpi. Im in Toronto and it just starting getting real cold here. All of the sudden my pain won't stop and i'm getting really depressed. How can I over come this low time im going thru? Please help....
Henry

Post by Henry »

Have you considered that you may also be affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). My dad has that and has a special light that helps him. SAD plus bp is a recipe for trouble.

I'm in Peterborough and would be happy to listen. Email me and we'll set up contact.

I've been at this for a long time and may be able to help.

H
herff94

Post by herff94 »

I am feeling very depressed right now. I had surgery, Mayo, Nov 3rd. A procedure that I was told it would be done before Christmas. The doctors left drains hanging out of my arm that keep leaking and getting infected. And I have no idea when I will get them out. I have expanders in my arm to keep my skin stretched for a new implant. The weather here is horrible, it was 5 degrees when I woke this morning. It hurts so much-my neck, arm, forearm and hand. My husband is gone a lot with work, my sons wrestling tourney and now Bears games. I have a baby that is heavy and doesn't like his stroller so I don't get out very often plus his naps are 11am-2pm and that's the day. I have 3 in school I drive everyday so I can't go far from home. I get this way every year since accident. I cry a lot.
Kath
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Oh Kath, I feel for you, I wish I lived closer to you, I would come and help you out. But come on the BEARS are with smiling about aren't they !!!! I would have been depressed on Monday if they would've blown that game on Sunday and I am not TBPI !!! :) GAYLE
Brandon_3

Post by Brandon_3 »

I didn't read this post before I posted. I hate belonging to this club, sometimes it is sooo lonely.

Brandon