Tendon Transfer for Wrist and Fingers

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
cadinc

Tendon Transfer for Wrist and Fingers

Post by cadinc »

Hi, I have been out of it for so long, but it's nice to know we are still connecting. My daughter, Kierston is 9 years old and is looking at Tendon Transfer (wrist and finger radial nerve series) per Dr. Nath's suggestion and we have appointments to see Dr. Douglas Wallace in San Deigo and Dr. Neil Ford Jones in Los Angeles. Has anyone you know had this surgery, if yes, please contact me. I would appreciate any input. Thank you. Connie Cannon cc@conniecannonart.com
brandonsmom

Re: Tendon Transfer for Wrist and Fingers

Post by brandonsmom »

Hi Connie.......Happy Mothers Day....from Gayle and Dave
Marc, Tera, Heather and Brandon.....ROBPI 7 1/2
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I have had a tendon transfer for finger. I can not remember if this helped with wrist or not as I was ust about 7 years old at the time. But I would be more than happy to share my experience with you if you would like.
Amy 19 ROBPI from MN
hope16_05@yahoo.com
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
jamielane

Post by jamielane »

Hi-
My son Carson is 2.5yrs - He just had tendon transfers in his shoulder and wrist. Dr. Kozin did this surgery at Shriners in Philly. They are great.