BPI on local news

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Ginne

BPI on local news

Post by Ginne »

Finally a local news station has done a "For your health" segment on BP injuries in newborns.they didn't cover prevention, however they mention early diagnosis and treatment as keys to a sucessful recovery (mind you the doctor said the young boy that was injured would get 100% use. I was always under the impression that even the slightest injury would negate a 100% arm --99.9% is not 100%-- but it was only a 2 1/2 minute segment.

CHTV (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) aired the segment on the 6pm show. Those that live in the golden horseshoe or have a dish and access to this channel, I believe it will be repeated during the 11pm newscast.

-Ginne
admin
Site Admin

Re: BPI on local news

Post by admin »

Thanks for posting this Ginne, unfortunately, I missed the segment. Rare I ever get to watch the news these days with my two little monsters (I mean angels) ruling the t.v.!!

Shellie
katep

Re: BPI on local news

Post by katep »

Ginne,

The brachial plexus can be injured only temporarily ("stunned" so to speak, or blood flow disrupted from trauma) and these can recover fully, usually within 2 weeks. When there is actual structural damage to the nerves that requires nerves to regrow is when you get to reduced recovery.

We rarely hear about the ones who recover fully because most of those parents probably never even think twice about what happened after that first initial blurry two weeks is over...

Kate