Dr. Kozin

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Dr. Kozin

Post by admin »

Could someone please tell me how to get in touch with Dr. Kozin? I am interested in a second opinion from him.

Thanks,
Jana
KMD and KMD

Re: Dr. Kozin

Post by KMD and KMD »

He's very good at responding to emails and he's an excellent doctor!
Good Luck!

skozin@shrinenet.org
katep

Post by katep »

There's also contact information in the medical resources section of this site:

http://ubpn.org/medicalresources/

Kate
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have had two other surgeries with Dr. Nath and I am not sure if we should even be looking for a second opinion but my daughter is 10 and has never even had an MRI, so I am not really sure what a difference a second opinion would make.

Jana
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Here's the telephone number for Shriner's as well.

1-800-281-4050

He's an excellent doctor and his staff is wonderful. Good luck.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 3 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A second opinion can never hurt, and may just confirm your decisions so far. Let us know what Dr Kozin says.
AmyBrowne

Post by AmyBrowne »

We took our daughter, 6 months, with a LOPBI to see Dr. Kozin in Philly two weeks ago for an evaluation. We was wonderful! He was very attentive and answered our questions. His staff was also very friendly and knowledgeable. The Shriners system is very passionate about their care of our children. I highly recommend bringing your child there for care. Scarlett is going to be having surgery next month.
AmyB

Daughter, Scarlett, 6 months old, LOPBI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Exactly what surgeries does Dr. Kozin do?
katep

Post by katep »

Dr. Kozin does primary surgery, arthroscopic capsule release, osteotomy and the standard tendon transfers (lat/teres major) for BPI. He also does an extremely wide range of other arm and hand surgeries for all sorts of conditions, including severe BPI.

Kate
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Kate, Will you explain to me what the Arthroscopic Capsule Release is and when it is needed, and also when is an Osteotomy needed. I realize you are not a surgeon, but you explain things so well. THANKS!