Home from surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Katiesmom0514

Home from surgery

Post by Katiesmom0514 »

Hi all! We're home from surgery. Everything went very well with Katie's surgery. Dr. Adelson did find some nerves that were compressed, which he wasn't expecting to find. Dr. Goitz also found more than one contracture. She is now in a hot pink spica cast and as awful as I thought it would look, she actually looks kind of cute....not that I wouldn't rather have her without it! Thank you to those of you who kept us in your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted on her progress. Hope all is well at camp and everywhere else!

Cheri, Mom to Katie, 3, LOBPI

P.S. We were also blessed to have met a family who lives about 4 hours from us with a little boy with Erb's Palsy who is also 3. He has a ROBPI and had the same surgery as Katie right after her. The had the same cast on and they just stared each other down, like, "Oh man, they got you too!" It was awesome!
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Re: Home from surgery

Post by Tanya in NY »

Good to hear that the surgery went well, although more was found than anticipated. Glad you made a safe journey home. Decorate that cast!

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, almost 3 years
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
GAmom

Post by GAmom »

Cheri and Katie:

I am glad to hear that surgery went good for you all. I know how you feel about her and her cast. My son gets his off tomorrow and I won't miss it a bit. Hope recovery goes well for you. Keep us posted on her. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless!

Ash, mom to Brayden ROBPI 2 1/2yrs
Grandma Lou in NH

Post by Grandma Lou in NH »

So happy to hear that surgery went well but just as

glad to hear that you've met another family with this

terrible injury. My wish for you is that both your

families stay in touch because as the kiddos get

older, it is so helpful that they know that they are

not the only ones with this injury. Camp really proved

to me that these little ones are amazed to see others

with the same injury. Best wishes, Lou