Introduction and looking for some answers!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
judodson

Introduction and looking for some answers!

Post by judodson »

Hi there, my name is Julie and my son age 3 has a brachial plexus injury due to a traumatic birth, after many opinions and all saying the same he is being scheduled for the latissimus muscle transfer has anyone gone through or have a child who has gone through this surgery, and what was the ending result, i know recovery time is pretty long, but did you/he or she still have elbow flexion and were they/you able to reach over your arm and do the similar things as your better arm? any advice or info would be greatly appreciated....thanks so much
julie
Angela Butterfly

Re: Introduction and looking for some answers!

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Hi Julie, I am Angela, mom to Jill now age 21, born with severe Left Obstetrical Brachial Plexus Injury LOBPI. My daughter, Jill, never had surgery, so I am not qualified to answer this question.

Most parents of children OBPI, born with this injury post on the GENERAL message board.

The Traumatic message board you posted on is for people injured in an accident AFTER birth.

Please try this exact same post on the General Message Board, and I am sure you will get your answers.

There is a special event this weekend so the boards are not as active as usual......since many are traveling to the event near Washington D.C.

judodson

Re: Introduction and looking for some answers!

Post by judodson »

oooops sorry!