Cool anatomy website

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
katep

Cool anatomy website

Post by katep »

I'm always on the lookout for a good website showing muscles, innervation, etc. Here's the best site I've seen yet, with origin/insertion, actions, innervations and really clear pictures all on one page (all the upper arm muscles are clickable from frames on this page, which shows the deltoids).

http://www.rad.washington.edu/atlas/deltoid.html

Kate
BIGJAVSMOM

Re: Cool anatomy website

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Kate- thanks. that really is a great and easy to follow site. I have my anatomy books from school that I use a little, but they don't really go into nerve detail and function all that well.

Marlyn
bpidad

Post by bpidad »

I'm always on the lookout for a good Medieval re-enactment website. Do you know of any?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kate (or anyone else who might know),

What does it mean when it says "inferior fibers" and "superior fibers"? (As in the explanation given for what the trapezius does.)
katep

Post by katep »

BPIdad...

You are such a dork :)

katep

Post by katep »

Lisa,

inferior = lower
superior = upper

Kate
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

One more thing...I'm wondering if this makes sense. Do you think that working on building strength in the lower traps would help with shoulder hiking? I know an adult talked recently about stretches to the upper traps and how she didn't do strength building because they were already really strong (comparatively, I'm assuming). I'm wondering if there are any isolated exercises for lower traps strengthing? I'll ask PT and OT, but won't see them for a bit. Any one have ideas or thoughts?
katep

Post by katep »

I think you are right about the traps, Lisa. Another good website is

http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Scapula.html

I think what you are talking about is upward rotation of the scapula (rotating the glenoid to face upward) and depression (lowering the whole scapula).

This site doesn't really give any good exercises to isolate those muscles though, just general back exercises. Sometimes it's really good; not this time!

I'd definitely be interested in hearing what your therapist says!

Kate
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yeah, I can't really see my dd hanging from a bar and pulling herself up with both arms to strengthen her lower traps like one of the images shows for lower traps, ha haha ....but its a great site and I love the exercise they show. Thanks for pointing it out.