Thread deleted

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
njbirk

Thread deleted

Post by njbirk »

A thread has just been deleted that details specific costs of a surgical procedure done by a surgeon. The request to delete was made by the office of that surgeon.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
admin
Site Admin

Re: Thread deleted

Post by admin »

I don't want to start a long thread/debate about this. But, just for the record, I wanted to let everyone know that I wasn't planning to post any amounts online here about Jason's surgery (I had said I would look back at my bills, but was going to email the original poster directly). We completely respect Dr. Nath and I don't think it is appropriate for those costs to be posted.

Lexi (mom to Jason, lobpi, 12 months)
kd's daddy

Post by kd's daddy »

Thank you Nancy I didnt feel that was right either.
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

It really is best to consult the doctor's office--any doctor-for medical advice and/or prices for medical attention.

Peggy
katep

Post by katep »

I'm surprised. Weren't people posting their own personal experiences? Weren't people being courteous and respectful? I saw nothing that could be considered slanderous or a targeted attack aimed at Dr. Nath?

It's amazing how much Dr. Nath benefits from the constant PR and traffic he receives from posts to these boards. It's also amazing that he is apparently granted complete control over everything that is posted that mentions his name...

Unless the parents involved in this discussion signed some sort of a confidentiality agreement, I find this a very disturbing request from Dr. Nath, and an even more disturbing response by UBPN.

Kate
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

We have deleted all responses to this post because it was not meant to engender discussion but rather to share information.

To answer questions that may have been raised, the thread in question was deleted because private financial information should not be shared over a public website.

Nancy
Lauren (mom to Brooke)

Post by Lauren (mom to Brooke) »

Agree!