YEAH!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

YEAH!!

Post by cbe411 »

I graduated college with my BBA on Saturday!! I was excited but nervous at the same time. I am RTBPI so how was I going to shake hands and take my pretend diploma with my left??? They take a picture if this so I HAVE to do it.... well I practiced and practiced with my roomie (he is great) and I did shake hands with my right!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! I was soo fricken excited!! My smile in my picture was not for the diploma but for the limited use of my right arm that actually looked NORMAL!!!!

COurt xx
Steve

Re: YEAH!!

Post by Steve »

Congratulations
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

That is absolutely TERRIFIC!!!!
oh- and Congrats on graduation too!!
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Well Miss Courtney

YOU DID IT!!! YEAH!!!
Besides working, taking care of bpi, surgery etc... you managed to join the Board of Directors at UBPN and help and support so many... AND YOU DID ALL ONE HANDED.

When I see you next we will shake bpi hands... maybe we will arm wrestle at Camp... be careful and practice because I think I can take you!.... LOL...

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
EllenB

Post by EllenB »

You Go Girl. That is HUGE!!! You are an inspiration to a lot of people - hope you know that.

Take care & go celebrate!

Ellen
DEAN

Post by DEAN »

Thats great.
I dont Know you and it gives me insperation and hope. Good on you.
dean
Susie Kaye

Post by Susie Kaye »

Congratulations! What a tremendous accomplishment! Just the begining, I'm sure, of all you will accomplish with the rest of your life. You are definitely an inspiration!
Lord bless you,

SusieKaye
Karl w/ a K

Post by Karl w/ a K »

Alright Court..party..wohooo.."we're in the money"...Party on girl. Hey that's great news. I know you worked hard to acheive your goal. So live it girl..and pat yourself on the back. I'd hug ya but..I only got one working arm. Congrats...Karl...
binoj_a26

Post by binoj_a26 »

heyy...that is just awesome :-) so happy to hear that...you sure are an inspiration to many here..congrats and have a bash..

take care
binoj