truly blessed

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
marg&anna

truly blessed

Post by marg&anna »

miss anna almost 5 years rbpi is doing great! just recently she started asking questions about her surgery arm (thats what she calls her bpi arm). shes had two surgeries. she asked once why it was like that, i told her when she was born the doctor pulled her out to hard and her surgery arm just laid there, and thats why we go play (OT) every week.. the week after we had talked she felt the need to explain her arm to her therapist.. so i think it clicked.. besides therapy we do horse back riding with a little therapy thrown in, we've also started swim lessons(she begged for them) and thats a good thing!! if she ask for something more then three times i know its something she truly wants and not a passing thing just because, you know? anyway, i feel truly blessed to have her she was my little gift from God..Truly!!
shes seen at least six doctors in her short life about her arm.. makes no bones about not liking doctors, needles or sleppy juice, also flat out refuses medicene of any kind.. anyway, when ever we go to shriners, as we sit there and wait, i count my blessings, yes my child has one arm that doesnt work 100% but at least shes got a arm, she walks and talks and for the most part very bright..i remember at one shriners a little girl came in with nubs for arms i believe one side had a little hand with a few fingers..i also noticed there was a little cloth doll pinned on her dress, my heart went out to her and her family.. i guess what i'm saying is next time your in a children hospital stop and look around count your Blessings!!
We are all so very lucky and very blessed with our beautiful children..
everyone take care, & God Bless..